Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500 edit not connecting to my POD HD 500

spruilldog

Please help my with my connection issue.  I have had the POD HD 500 for several years and have been using the edit software with no problems.  I just bought the HD 500x and got all of that software updated and installed.  Now my old 500 will not connect to the 500 editor.  Error message is :

Could not connect to POD HD500

This editor requires HD 500 vesion 1.30 or higher

Run Line 6 monkey to get the latest firmware for your POD HD 500

When I run Line 6 monkey I have USB Firmware 1.04 which it says is the newest version and it says my flash memory is "unknown" .  On my POD under the setup utility I can see that the flash memory is v2.62 but it says the USB firmware is v0.00

I have reinstalled the usb firmware but it didn't work. 

When I click on the Device Firmware section on the Line 6 monkey and hit update selection I end up getting to POD HD 500 update failed. (Code 8000900C) MIDI device timed out waiting for a response. Try the update again .....

Any ideas how to fix this?

• 3 months later...

I've had the same problem with my HD500X and I called Line 6 and they pointed out that I was using the usb ports on the front of my PC and suggested that I use the ports on the back of the computer instead.  I ran into the front for more than 2 years with no issues and then I got the same errors you did.  As soon as I plugged into the back of the PC the problem went away and hasn't come back. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...