Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Models listed in red and not able to load...why?

mikeebruno

My title says it all...

I have models I need to load in my patche but when listed in red they don't load.

At first I thought it was because of dsp over load but even at my first few blocks, it appeared so ...I don't think so.

I mean there 2or 3 blocks and the next block have very few options or not at all.

Where is my problems?

Thanks.

The red indicator does mean, as you suspect, that there is insufficient DSP remaining to load the block. Perhaps the few blocks you have already loaded are very DSP intensive. What are they?

Also you can make use of both Paths to utilize all available DSP. Route the Outpute block of Path A to the Input of Path B.

Hi "Mike" - I see this quite a bit with my Helix use.  Here's my 6 weeks experience with Helix and Forum help.  Before the amp, use mono for all effects.  The amp is mono and that will save DSP.  I do what silverhead above said.  I can send a pic if you want, but on Path A, I have Send/Return, Compression, 3 dist pedals, EQ, amp, 2 cabs or IRs, and a stereo delay.  All on path A. I can't add anything else to A.  I send that to Path B and have another stereo delay, stereo verb, stereo EQ, and up to 4 Gain pedals because on this kind of patch I have 6 snapshots.  Hope this all helps.  I'll check back.

Also you can make use of both Paths to utilize all available DSP. Route the Outpute block of Path A to the Input of Path B.

I want to correct my mistake in terminology. MusicLaw and zooey are correct.

I meant to say to route the Output of Path 1 to the Input of Path 2. It's Paths 1 and 2 that have separate DSP; Paths 1 A and 1B share the DSP that is allocated Path 1. Similarly paths 2A and 2B share Path 2's DSP.

Many thanks guys!!

Very kind and very experienced you are!

I will probably get back here pretty often since I got this unit today and have to build a whole pink Floyd show on that thing!! LOL..

I'll need a bit of hits here and there... xx.

Thanks Peter!

Ok now so considering all those adavises is that possible to get a template the best dsp power using dual amps and fx before and after amps blocks?

At first, where a got the dsp overload, I had almost nothing, juste two amps and an overdrive pedal.

Thanks Peter!

Ok now so considering all those adavises is that possible to get a template the best dsp power using dual amps and fx before and after amps blocks?

At first, where a got the dsp overload, I had almost nothing, juste two amps and an overdrive pedal.

Also you should try out some Customtone presets from a user here named CBTL. He has created some wonderful Pink Floyd tones and has very generously posted them in Customtone so that all Helix users have access to them. You may have to tweak them to fit your guitar and monitoring equipment but they should serve you very well as a starting point.

Many thanks to CBTL!

There is one more thing you should know. Path 2 has a little more horsepower than path 1. Path 1 shares the CPU with OS housekeeping duties, so it will hit the CPU wall slightly earlier.

Though DI did say this in a previous post

"Nope. Path 1 and Path 2 have nearly the exact same amount of DSP. Depending on your Input blocks' gates or Global EQ, one might have a tiny bit more than the other (likely no more than a 2% delta), but there's no "running the Helix OS" on either DSP.

You might be thinking of Helix's two MCUs, where one deals with running Helix's day-to-day behind-the-scenes tasks and the other is dedicated to UI."

There is one more thing you should know. Path 2 has a little more horsepower than path 1. Path 1 shares the CPU with OS housekeeping duties, so it will hit the CPU wall slightly earlier.

If I recall correctly, each of Helix Paths (1 and 2) have equivalent DSP resources. Helix's UI and OS housekeeping chores are handled by one (or two?) different MPU(s). This was clarified by DI, some months ago, and posted either on the TGP Helix forum or here on these L6 Helix User Fourms.

I'll see if I can find the link to that post and add it below.

Though DI did say this in a previous post

"Nope. Path 1 and Path 2 have nearly the exact same amount of DSP. Depending on your Input blocks' gates or Global EQ, one might have a tiny bit more than the other (likely no more than a 2% delta), but there's no "running the Helix OS" on either DSP.

You might be thinking of Helix's two MCUs, where one deals with running Helix's day-to-day behind-the-scenes tasks and the other is dedicated to UI."

That is different from what I've heard before. Glad that's cleared up.

If I recall correctly, each of Helix Paths (1 and 2) have equivalent DSP resources. Helix's UI and OS housekeeping chores are handled by one (or two?) different MPU(s). This was clarified by DI, some months ago, and posted either on the TGP Helix forum or here on these L6 Helix User Fourms.

Correct. One MCU deals with audio/data/memory stuff and the other is dedicated for UI stuff. DSP 1 has a couple things it alone deals with (can't remember exactly what) and DSP 2 runs Global EQ, but their available horsepower should be within 1% of each other.