Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume Pedal for Helix

MacShock

Hi, I am new to Helix. I still have my "old" volume pedal from the time when I played with a traditional pedal board. It is a Dunlop mini Volume dip 4.

I tried to use it with Helix as volume or expression pedal but it did not work. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to buy a specific volume/exp pedal that works with Helix. If so, do you know of any mini pedal that would go with Helix. Thanks for your help. Markus

Is it this pedal?

https://reverb.com/item/2102146-dunlop-dvp4-volume-x-mini-pedal?

If so did you use the aux output?

And did you make sure you have the right exp for the volym block or the effect parameter you will use with that pedal?

I have an old Boss FV-50L i use with my Helix and it works fine for volym.

I have to change to logarithmic instead of linear so i get a smoother volym sweep.

Hi Guitarmaniac64, thank you for your input. Yes, that is the pedal, a dvp4 from dunlop. It works now perfectly fine. I use a normal 1/4 inch from pedal output to exp3 of helix. I also need to plug an empty jack to the input (without that it does not work properly). This way it works as volume or expression.