Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Miking a 240 HC and 412 cab

30sos

Hey, all. I was really excited to see the 240 HC -- brilliant idea to add small speakers to the head for practice! But I heard one thing in a demo vid that threw me off. 

It said that the cab handles the low end and the speakers in the head handle the high end (making it a FR system), but what if you wanna actually mike the cab at a live gig? You would only pick up the low frequencies, correct? Meaning you have to run direct from the head to the board and the cab is just there for stage volume. Am I doing the math right here or am I missing something?

I guess it depens on the cab you are using. If you are using the Spider V 412 cab then yes I think you would need to mic both the cab and the head  [same for all Spider V combos btw, you need to mic the horn and the speaker]. If you are using a standard guitar cab and are bypassing the cab model then you can mic only the cab. Of course you can use the XLR outputs and as a bonus to get a stereo output.

yes...toggle switch on the back allows you to turn off the built in speakers.  They are fantastic when on with an acoustic guitar!  The presets are KILLERS...just need to get used to the new order vs. what I had everything set on with the IV combo and head. ...fast learning and very impressed.