Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What is going on with the wah?

ShredRex

I have been searching regarding wah issues.....And cannot seem to find a fix for my wah problem. When I engage it, it is simply a distorted disaster. Tried lowering levels and mix....Still horrible no matter what wah I select. Yet everything else works fine.

I put the wah in the front of my chain as I did on my HD500X. What am I missing? Any guidance you could provide would be appreciated 😎

Does this happen with one particular wah or is it with all wahs?

Does this happen on all patches or just this particular one?

Have you tried disabling all other blocks in the patch, except for the amp and cab?

I had a similar problem with a delay block and these are the steps I used to troubleshoot it.  

I have been searching regarding wah issues.....And cannot seem to find a fix for my wah problem. When I engage it, it is simply a distorted disaster. Tried lowering levels and mix....Still horrible no matter what wah I select. Yet everything else works fine.

I put the wah in the front of my chain as I did on my HD500X. What am I missing? Any guidance you could provide would be appreciated

Do you have the position parameter controlled to the correct EXP? You should see it moving when you move the pedal... If you don't, you could be turning the wah pedal on, but the position would be locked, so you'd just be hearing the nasally, locked-wah sound.

I managed to sort it out. Not sure but somehow the exp 1 was setup to also control another amp parameter as well as wah. Once I disabled that the wah is fine....New helix user here can u tell

EXP1 defaults to wah, EXP2 defaults to volume blocks. Don't try to assign EXP1 to volume blocks because of a volume drop bug that should be fixed soon. I use an external on EXP3 for "everything else".