Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 high pitch noise

ksav

Question 1: I have an LR Baggs Dual Source pickup in a Breedlove and I'm trying to get rid of the high pitch frequency created through using the G10 wireless system.  It's a fairly common problem, but the solution seems hard to find.  Has anyone tried using a 6" TRS - TS adapter to successfully eliminate that buzz?  The recommended mono ts-ts adapter does not work.  Or how about a TRS to TRS male to female adapter?  Any other success stories to eliminate the high pitch buzz with the dual source pick up?

Question 2:  Does anyone use the G10 with the LR Baggs Anthem?  Do you get a high frequency buzz, and/or can you easily eliminate it with convenient to use adapters?

HIGH FREQUENCY SOLUTION!  If anyone is still looking for a fix to the high frequency buzz when using active pick-ups with the G10, try a TRS male - TS female Adapter.  I've been battling the issue for a bit, and a ts-ts adapter is really the only simple suggestion, however, that does not address the signal issue.  A TRS-TS adapter (a 6" works perfectly...$7 at guitar centers) brings the active signal down to a passive signal and completely eliminates the high pitch.  I tried it yesterday with great success....sigh of relief.

As an add-on....with the 6" adapter the transmitter dangles.  A simple and easy solution for me was to put the G10 transmitter in an i-pod "pouch" usually attaches to arm bands (the smaller old kind of Ipod).  The 1/4 connections fits perfectly snug through the hole where earbuds wires would normally go, and the clip attaches perfectly to the guitar strap.

FYI: I use an LR Baggs Dual Source on a custom Breedlove

• 2 years later...