Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

control dual switch pedals like the JHS double barrel

boyerclan6

I'm going to toss this one out there, because you never know! I'm not thinking this is possible, but with all the Helix can do...

I use the 4 cable method with my amp, and I'm wanting to use my JHS double barrel, but i'm 'hoping' (and praying) I can control both switches from the helix?  Sure i could just use the pedal itself but because of my set up... it's in a very awkward set up using the morning glory side.  would love to get some feedback from some more experienced users.

The Double Barrel only has one input and one output, and no remote switching capability, so apart from modifying the pedal in some way, there's not really any way you'll be able to control both switches with the Helix.

The Double Barrel only has one input and one output, and no remote switching capability, so apart from modifying the pedal in some way, there's not really any way you'll be able to control both switches with the Helix.

Correct. There are some dual switch pedals out there like the Truetones that have individual ins/outs for each side, then you would be able to put each in its own loop. 

Other than that, you can still put it in a Helix loop, but you would still have to stomp on the external pedal to switch the two switches.