Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V 240HC display bug

katerlouis

On startup the display works just fine and shows the Line6 logo in full bright and is clearly visible from every angle.

But then each preset / menu screen has a different lighting intensitiy and sometimes there is 1 or 2 vertical pixel lines missing. 

Neither a software update nor a factory reset solved the problem. 

I made a video illustrating the bug.

Is there anybody else with this problem? I'd like to fix it, .. sending it back is just a pain–

Thanks,

klouis

PS: The speakers sound very itchy; curious if this is normal for these lil 4inch babies.

If a factory reset did not solve this, I'm not sure there is anything else to try. But if you want you can always try to change the name of the preset in 01C to 888888888 for example, do you get a different level of light?  The display seems to be working fine at startup so the problem seems deeper. Bad memory maybe? Is this on firmware 1.04? I'm running 1.03 on my V240 combo and never noticed this problem, but I use a tablet most of the time so I don't pay much attention to the screen.. I will take a look tonight.

Another thing to try, if you change preset using a tablet or a phone are the same slots affected?

Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem was on both 1.04 and 1.03. What good would it bring if the display would work fine with 888888 as a label. I want it to be reliable and working ALL the time.

I don't know what you mean by "bad memory". Is that something I could fix myself?

The test is just to see if the problem is with this memory slot or with the string of text that is somehow corrupted. If you put 88888888 and it works fine, then you can put back the old title for that preset. Basically saving something on the slot to see if the problem goes away. 

• 2 weeks later...

I did, and Line6 said the retailer has to deal with it; which .. I kind of find odd, since it is clearly a manufacturing issue.

What ever, it has to go back... 

I'm flirting with the Helix, anyway–

But it doesn't have a built in relay receiver, right? :(