Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 240v vs 120v power

bassistgak99

G'day,

I currently own a Helix here in Australia, Australia is 240 volts. I'll be moving to USA for a couple of months and want to take my helix with me. Will the Helix work in the US 120 volts? Does it have internal voltage switching enabling it to be plugged into either 240 or 120 volts power?

Obviously i do not want to test this by just plugging it in, if anyone could let me know that would be awesome.

thanks

Looks like it has an auto-sensing power supply...

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/general-faq/power-supplybattery-specs-and-faq-r445

Just need an US style cable and you should be good.

This is correct... the Helix's power supply is auto-sensing and switching, so it works with any voltage from 120 to 240V.

On a similar subject, I was messing with the hum setting on a power amp model and thought that it sounded really wierd. Then I realised that they've modelled 60hz hum and I'm used to 50hz hum here in the UK.

Maybe that's just being a bit too pedantic 😀

Craig

On a similar subject, I was messing with the hum setting on a power amp model and thought that it sounded really wierd. Then I realised that they've modelled 60hz hum and I'm used to 50hz hum here in the UK.

Maybe that's just being a bit too pedantic

Craig

I never even thought of that. That's pretty funny. 

Maybe that's just being a bit too pedantic 😀

Craig

Well, that's why that setting is there... If you're being pedantic, Line 6 was even more so...

The HD500 had a setting for the mains frequency, but I can't find it on Helix (searching the manual)... do you know where it is Phil?

Come to think it, yeah, I don't think the Helix has this setting... I read (or misread, I guess) that earlier comment on my phone, and I was thinking it was talking about this setting. But, you're right, there isn't a way to set the frequency like there is on the HD series. Not sure why they left it out. Perhaps they thought it was too esoteric...