Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod hd + power amp for bass?

ChosenJuan

• 2 weeks later...

A lot would depend on what & where you're wanting to use it.

At home, in the studio or in a band situation (rehearsals/gigs/etc.)?

At home, I have plugged it straight into a standard HiFi amp and used it like that without problems. Obviously don't have it too loud, or you may damage the speakers. I usually just use it with headphones for practising though.

In the studio, just go straight into the desk.

For a band situation, you can either plug it into the PA, or use a bass amp. Using a bass amp, send the output from the HD into the Power Amp In, or Effects Return and bypass the pre-amp.

I prefer using my Spirit Desk preamps or 1073 or Belari valve preamps and have the bass

split into two channels high and low into the desk.

On one of it's send I have the HD as an insert and mix FX from it with the other sends.

I have always felt bass modulates enough as is but trying FX out can often help creativity

and combining this with the clean low and high ends tones into my interface into Reaper.

With the HD standalone;  the preamp in it just make it more lumpy on some notes but 

you can even it out with the impedance settings on the input to improve the smoothness.

As well as FX and amp models help as well. 

I also found that using a good DI box in front of it can help even out the response a bit for longer cable runs 

on stage.