Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My solution for Helix Case

fabbr

I couldn't find a case that I liked, so I build one.

It's build with high quality plywood and wrapped with Marshall Tolex.

I build an interface with color coding connectors for easy setup on a 4CM or whatever you need. I also have Variax and USB plugins for the interface so you never have to reach the back of the Helix again. 

I have a lot of extra materials, so if you're interested I can build one for you. Just PM me. (this is not a cheap case, BTW)

IMG_7724.jpg

IMG_7722.jpg

IMG_7721.jpg

IMG_7720.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

IMG_7718.jpg

• Upvote 7

That is very awesome! Great work.

Can I ask where you got the multi-colored nuts for the 1/4" jacks? Those would be handy to have.

You might be able to find them online. I got it from a friend that order supplies for amps. Those only work with CLIFF Jacks tho (as I sadly ordered the wrong ones when I was building the interface) 

Those are the same jacks that Marshall uses on their amps, so maybe an UK Amps dealer might have them? 

That looks nice, but it's a completely different approach. I wanted something that I take the top off and be ready. I also didn't want to have to connect and disconnect cables on the back of the Helix. It's not only time consuming but also causes a lot of stress on the jacks reducing the life of your Helix.

• Upvote 1

That looks nice, but it's a completely different approach. I wanted something that I take the top off and be ready. I also didn't want to have to connect and disconnect cables on the back of the Helix. It's not only time consuming but also causes a lot of stress on the jacks reducing the life of your Helix.

Yeah i understand that and its looks pretty amazing :) I just want it to show another option and it also pretty cheap.

By the way: when we're talking 'not cheap'... How 'not cheap' is it?

Would really like one, but I don't know if I can afford it.

It really depends on what you're trying to get. This is like custom made furniture I can build it to your needs. 

The one I built for myself costed me around $350 because I really purchased all the best materials I could. Even the plywood that is covered under the telex is cabinet grade plywood because I wanted to make sure it was strong and smooth. But shoot me an PM and tell what you're looking for, I can try to help you out. 

I REALLY like the idea of the patch panel to relieve the possible stress on the jacks of the Helix. Great idea!!

Where does my other pedal go? Lol

Nice job.

See the top that flips open? That is all Vecro (actually the whole INSIDE of the case is velcro) so you can have at least 5 pedals on the top (and notice the wholes so you can connect them) Also if you're good about managing the cables you can have 2 other ones inside the case under the flip top. 

I use a Boss CS3 when I play Bass and all I do is velcro it to the top. Super easy and I don't have to reach on the back of the Helix never.

That is nice work, i wish I had the skills & time to make something like this. 

Here in the UK, Swan Flight in Cleveland make a great case for around £140, for Helix, but i like your idea of having the cables in, and less stress on your sockets etc. 

Here in the UK, Swan Flight in Cleveland make a great case for around £140, for Helix, but i like your idea of having the cables in, and less stress on your sockets etc. 

Yeah, my though was that the Helix is a VERY EXPENSIVE unit for me and way more than I need for my playing skills. So If I spent that money on it I can't just go cheap on something to protect it.

I spend a couple of months doing sketches and measuring and outsourcing material and parts, but I really liked the final product. 

I have been using it for around 5-6 months and I still don't have a single complain

Setup time is also way shorter with the interface. I used to have a Variax connection there (before switching to G10) and it had plugin in everything I need a snap. I could get everything done in less than 5 minutes. 

• 6 months later...

Setup time is also way shorter with the interface. I used to have a Variax connection there (before switching to G10) and it had plugin in everything I need a snap. I could get everything done in less than 5 minutes. 

Where did you put the G10 now? In top? in that velcro?

• 3 weeks later...