Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question About Using Midi To Enable/disable An Effect

killergege

Okay, this is not the first time I'm using MIDI this way but it seems to me that something changed, this behaviour is strange and I don't know if it's the "normal" behaviour or the POD or if it's my software...

I created a patch with effects mapped to FS1. I use Reaper to send a CC 51 message to enable or disable it. 

I think that the last time I used that, CC51 with a 0 value disabled the effect, A CC 51 message with a 127 value enabled it. But today it seems to toggle it, whatever value I send (0, 127 or any between). Is this new, or did I dream ? :)

My goal is to record my guitar without me having to touch the POD HD500, a MIDI track on Reaper is controlling all the effects / patch changes.

And now I have a problem : let's say that I record several takes as I did some mistakes. I can't just restart the recording, I have to reset the POD effects before, because if FS1 is OFF, a CC message will toggle it to ON, but if I stopped the recording while FS1 was ON, it will toggle to OFF.

So the state of the POD is not predictable. I'd like to be able to start the playback anywhere in the track and have to POD set to the correct state. It could work if the POD was considering the value of the CC message, but it doesn't seem to be the case, or I'm doing something wrong.

I don't know if it's possible for Reaper to know the state of the POD and send a CC to reset FS1 (I'll also ask on the Reaper forums). I configured it to send a "all-notes-off" and "reset CC" but the POD doesn't seem to react to those messages.

Any idea of what I could do or what I did wrong ?