Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod hd 500x. Setup output. Headphones.

philsarr

I agree with Studio/Direct.

But I will preface that with....

Changing it to Studio/Direct is only for if you are starting "fresh".

You said that you monitor the sound in headphones - so, if you already have your patches designed with another method and are already using some sort of amplification for "house sound", then you should keep it where you had because it will change those tones.

Thank you both for your help!

I have another question, is it normal to have a difference in volume levels between different HD amps (without preamp) in direct studio mode listen to headphones?

And the same with the same amp / pre in combo mode? And between HD amps and pre amps!

How do you make an identical volume between each type of amp?

I noticed when I set pan A and B to 0 on each preset the sound was louder! But not enough.

Esque know due to the model of the amps modeled that have differences between them?

What choice of amp in direct studio mode? The HD amps or amp / pre?

Thank you both for your help!

I have another question, is it normal to have a difference in volume levels between different HD amps (without preamp) in direct studio mode listen to headphones?

And the same with the same amp / pre in combo mode? And between HD amps and pre amps!

I noticed when I set pan A and B to 0 on each preset the sound was louder! But not enough.

Esque know due to the model of the amps modeled that have differences between them?

What choice of amp in direct studio mode? The HD amps or amp / pre?

cordially

Thanks Pianogyy.

How do you make an identical volume between each type of amp? What choice of amp in direct studio mode? HD amps or amp / pre?

The rendering is totally different between a Plexi Lead 100 Normal and a Plexi Lead 100 Normal/pre

cordially.

Use the various volumes. Whether it be a the mixer, or a volume pedal, or even just the volume on the amp. It can be tricky and time consuming. But, really, what else do you expect. If I could twinkle my nose, I would. 

What choice of amp in direct studio mode? HD amps or amp / pre?

What you use does not matter if you are getting the tones you want. The one thing to remember is - whatever setup you are using, that is what you need to always use. If you spend a year designing patches, and then decide to switch from one to the other, none of your patches are going to sound the same.