Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV Shortboard MkII and 240HC

ljchase

first band practice with new 240HC...after an hour the FBV Shortboard MkII would no longer control the amp head.  I would switch channels at the shortboard and it would just blink at me.  Hand to manually change channels for the rest of practice...three hours more.

This has happened a few times in the five days I have had the new amp head.  seems like it gets tired of controlling the head or the head gets tired of being told what to do.

One last thing -- love the amp but WHOLLY CRAP the volume setting between channels is so far apart and re/setting or setting new sounds is like dialing in the space shuttle as it goes mach 72 past Mars.  Need a windows based editor BIG TIME...only seems to have one app...iPhone or standing at the amp head all day. 

Hi there, sorry to hear!

Has this behavior continued after updating both your Spider V 240HC and Shortboard MKII to the latest Firmware?

While using the Line 6 updater for your Spider V, you will need to use Monkey to update your MKII. 

--

As for leveling tones:

Start off with the master volume at a comfortable level. 

Find the cleanest/softest tone you are using and max its CH. Volume all the way and save this preset. Now match all other tones to this tones volume.

This will enable the master volume to be your main volume control thus all tones being used to recall at the same volume.