Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Backup Amp for Helix?

Hey Guys, 

I'm struggling to decide what I need to buy. I have a Helix and love it. I am trying to decide on FRFR or Amp. Heres my dilemma. I want to use FRFR so I can get the most out of the Helix BUT I want the speaker to also have a pre amp just incase the Helix goes down. Then I can quickly just use the amp as a backup. I love the idea of the Firehawk 1500 however I want something that is lighter and more portable. Any suggestions?

...and I want it to carry itself to gigs, and I want it to self adjust to any room, and, and come with an espresso maker! Just kidding, but not by much. Try the Firehawk 1500...oh, it's to heavy. Try the Amplifi 150, oh...not loud enough and limited outs. Try a L series speaker, oh, not a real amp. Try a DT25...oh, not frfr enough for Helix.

You gotta pick your poison. I think your best poison is the Firehawk 1500. It's heavy, get over it! And get that new carrying case with the wheels! Makes it way easier to transport.