Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix editors window sizes?

Soultrainer

Hi

I see many videos where people many parameters showing in their editor. I have tried to change windows sizes but I just cant figure it out how to resize them. In my editor I can see only one or two values at a time and I always have to scroll down or up to see the value I want to change. 

So please tell me someone how I can make it so that I can see maybe then different values at the same time?

ps. I hope you understand my issue since I am not sure if I explained it correctly.

For clarification, it might be helpful if you posted a screen shot of your screen and possibly a screen shot of what you're wanting the window look like.

I do know if you have monitor(s) bigger than 20" and have a graphics card capable of running at high resolutions, you can get a lot more display real estate than normal.

Your screen cap looks like your running it on something small like a laptop with a 13" screen.  If so, that might be your issue.  I have a 20" desktop monitor running at 1680x1050 and it looks like the screen cap on the right.

What size is your monitor and what resolution are you running at currently?  What OS are you running?  

If you're using Windows 10, there is an option to change the size of the window apps run in.  When I moved the slider bar to the right, the Helix app looked more like your screen.

I don't think Windows 7 has an option to resize the apps, only the font sizes.  

Your screen cap looks like your running it on something small like a laptop with a 13" screen.  If so, that might be your issue.  I have a 20" desktop monitor running at 1680x1050 and it looks like the screen cap on the right.

What size is your monitor and what resolution are you running at currently?  What OS are you running?  

If you're using Windows 10, there is an option to change the size of the window apps run in.  When I moved the slider bar to the right, the Helix app looked more like your screen.

I don't think Windows 7 has an option to resize the apps, only the font sizes.  

I am using Win 7 and I am not going to update to Win 10 =) 

My monitor is 47" since I am using my TV as a monitor.

It easy to do thing via editor but this thing bugs me. So if anyone has any other solution than updating to Win 10?

Since you do not have a traditional setup, posting any and all information about how you're connected to this TV might be useful to others to help troubleshoot.

1. What resolution are you currently running at?
  2. Are you using a laptop to clone your screen to the TV or are you using a desktop?
  3. Are you connected to the TV via VGA cable or HDMI cable?

And since you are connected to a TV, I wouldn't necessarily advise you to upgrade to Windows 10.  Between work and home, I've had a lot of issues with display drivers...most notably with Dell Latitude laptops.  Everything worked great with Windows 7.  It was only when I upgraded to 10 did I start to have audio and video problems.  

Anyway, I'm almost positive there is a simple fix.  Computer issues can be a little difficult when you're not on-site to see everything you're dealing with.

I'm fairly sure this is just a screen resolution issue.  If you Right click on an empty area of your desktop, then select 'Personalize' from the menu, then click 'Display' then 'Change Display Settings' then chose a higher resolution from the Resolution list.  1680x1050 works well as Lungho said, that should do, if your TV supports it.

-

Since you do not have a traditional setup, posting any and all information about how you're connected to this TV might be useful to others to help troubleshoot.

1. What resolution are you currently running at?
  2. Are you using a laptop to clone your screen to the TV or are you using a desktop?
  3. Are you connected to the TV via VGA cable or HDMI cable?

And since you are connected to a TV, I wouldn't necessarily advise you to upgrade to Windows 10.  Between work and home, I've had a lot of issues with display drivers...most notably with Dell Latitude laptops.  Everything worked great with Windows 7.  It was only when I upgraded to 10 did I start to have audio and video problems.  

Anyway, I'm almost positive there is a simple fix.  Computer issues can be a little difficult when you're not on-site to see everything you're dealing with.

Promlem is solved. Well, not actually solved but I changed to higher resolution. I did this earlier but I didnt understand to make Helix screen bigger so it looked the same. Problem is not solved because I cant use much bigger resolution than 1280 * 720 because everything else becomes smaller and I looking my computer screen from about 3-4 metres distance from sofa. I changed a bit bigger and i can see a bit more of the option but still it would be nice if you adjust the windows sizes in Helix editor because I could do the routing is the icon where much smaller. Anyway this case is closed, thank you everyone for help. 

For those who dont want to upgrade to WIn 10, since it is much wrose than win 7. I have a program called Never10 which blocks all attemps to upgrade to win 10 (since some people it has done it by itself during when closing up computer etc). So it never suggest me to upgrade to Win 10. Nice little program =) You could do this also by deleting a certain file in windows but it could come back with some other win updates.

• 8 months later...

I have followed this, working on a new windows 10 laptop, highest resolution, but still can't see the last few parameters without scrolling down to the last few. I've seen many youtube helix videos where the parameter bars are narrow and all can be seen in the open window screen. This is not a big problem for me, just a convenience thing in editing.

Any helpful comments are appreciated.

Cheers!