Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

snapshots and presets disapeared

MacShock

Hi, this is weird. I am at home playing helix via computer.

Suddenly my snapshots disappeared. They are still on the software, helix edit. But the label on the foot switches where normally you have the, stomp boxes or the snapshots are all empty. In the upper row I can see the stomp boxes  but in the lower row where normally I have the 4 snapshots they are all empty. I shut down and restarted but all the same.

Somebody experienced the same?

Markus

Check your global settings. The display you describe could be normal behaviour depending on these settings and the specific assignment of stomps to switches in your preset. Make sure your global settings specify Stomp and Snap for the footswitch display.

I did check this morning, global setting is snap/stomp, but it doesn't really matter. When I turn the knob to scroll through all different modes nothing chances on the board. Still have just the stomp boxes in the upper row and nothing in the lower. Shall I reset? Is there a way to reset?

I did check this morning, global setting is snap/stomp, but it doesn't really matter. When I turn the knob to scroll through all different modes nothing chances on the board. Still have just the stomp boxes in the upper row and nothing in the lower. Shall I reset? Is there a way to reset?

Here are the reset options:

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/helix/helix-reset-procedures-and-troubleshooting-tricks-r768

What firmware revision are you on? Did you try to restore a backup on that preset?

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, markalis said:

Hi MARCUS, did you manage to fix this issue permanently? I’m having the same problem but it keeps recurring after a while even after going the reboot route. Mark

It sounds like the OP accidentally switched to Stomp Mode and didn’t have anything assigned to the bottom row of stomps. If you see blank scribble strips, it usually means you’re in Stomp Mode and haven’t assigned anything to those footswitches. Hit the Mode footswitch to get out of Stomp Mode.

• 2 weeks later...