Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just Got My New L3t! Unboxing Video & Discussion.

Hey guys I just wanted to share my unboxing video and discussion of the L3t. Check it out and shoot me some ideas for videos for it, because there aren't many on youtube. I'll be using it for an FRFR type of system with my James Tyler Variax and HD500, but I will also be using it for a general PA for playing coffee shops. I have some vocal effects pedals I am excited about playing through this L3t. Okay here is the video...

• Upvote 2

Just seen it on youtube!

what's your thoughts on it so far?

I have a DT25, braaaand new, and just traded yesterday my Bose L1 Compact for an L3T, which I took to rehearsal yesterday night. I didn't really had a good chance to test it, cause it had to put out our voices, my guitar and keyboard, and I just left ir always on PA mode lying on the kick stand/handle towards us. 

I kind of got mixed feelings about it...

It's more powerful than the Bose I had, but it should be at least 3 times more powerful, which it didn't seem. I mean, the guitar sounded really loud, but on the other hand, it seemed to be peaking very early with the voices...I couldn't quite figure what was going on...

I connected the POD HD500 to ch1 on the mixer, and left the EQ flat, and the mic's (3) where all going to ch2 from a cheap very small mixer we have. The guitar sounded good, but it needed tweeking to suit the L3T in terms of EQ and volume between presets. The voices weren't sounding great...they were peaking, producing a lot of hiss (with or without feedback supression)...

I tried connecting the POD via L6 link, but it was too loud to start with and the master on the POD didn't work, and I ended up going to ch1 on the L3T mixer to avoid losing a lot of time going thru all the volumes on all the presets I use.

Master level on the L3T was kept at 50% all the time...

I need some alone time with it and my DT25...I need to get the voices to sound beautiful thru the L3T without any hiss and I need to figure out just how powerful this L3T can be and wether or not I'm keeping my DT25 or if it'll just become redundant having the L3T...

Let me know your thoughts on it...

The small mixer where the microphones were plugged in to could be part of the problem. Apart from the mic pre's and eq settings the mixer most likely has a line level output. The L3 mixer input can handle that but you would switch the Pad on the L3 mixer input on. That could have been the reason why it was peaking.

Hey guys I just wanted to share my unboxing video and discussion of the L3t. Check it out and shoot me some ideas for videos for it, because there aren't many on youtube. I'll be using it for an FRFR type of system with my James Tyler Variax and HD500, but I will also be using it for a general PA for playing coffee shops. I have some vocal effects pedals I am excited about playing through this L3t. Okay here is the video...

Nice! Your dog seems to like the L3. :D

Hi Pugdealer, Curious about why you expect the Line 6 to be 'at least three times more powerful'.

Also just wondering if the pres in the small mixer are the cause of the peaking.  The words 'cheap mixer' worry me slightly.

Good luck.

Hi Pugdealer, Curious about why you expect the Line 6 to be 'at least three times more powerful'.

Also just wondering if the pres in the small mixer are the cause of the peaking.  The words 'cheap mixer' worry me slightly.

Good luck.

Well, I read the bose had around 140W to 300W peak. The L3T has 1400W peak, that's why I said "at least 3 times more powerful"...I didn't meant it literally, just that I expected the L3T to be muuuuuuuuuch louder.

I used the cheapo mixer with the bose too, and it seem to produce (as much) hiss. I just expected the L3T to really blow our hears off with the vocals, but strangely it didn't...but since it could blow me away with the guitar sound, I'm guessing/hoping the vocal part has to do with something other that the L3T...

Sorry about "stealing" the thread...I just wanted to get a feeling from others experiences and help 

Well, I read the bose had around 140W to 300W peak. The L3T has 1400W peak, that's why I said "at least 3 times more powerful"...I didn't meant it literally, just that I expected the L3T to be muuuuuuuuuch louder.

I used the cheapo mixer with the bose too, and it seem to produce (as much) hiss. I just expected the L3T to really blow our hears off with the vocals, but strangely it didn't...but since it could blow me away with the guitar sound, I'm guessing/hoping the vocal part has to do with something other that the L3T...

Sorry about "stealing" the thread...I just wanted to get a feeling from others experiences and help 

Dont worry about stealing this thread. I had similar issues with it that you had. Some patches sounded fizzy but it was because it was in combo amp output mode and not studio/pa. When I switched that it sounded awesome. we just have to keep tweaking with it and I am sure we will be really happy with it. Keep us posted here with your experience with it.