Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Industrial-ish Helix tune

phil_m

Made this just for fun... Not typically into heavy tones, but I've been messing around some of the high gain stuff on the Helix and have been having tons of fun. All the guitar tones are from JTV69US. Almost all the heavy rhythm tones on this tune are the JTV89 pickups as modeled in Variax, tuned down to baritone tuning (some are done with standard tuning).

All the high gain tones are the Fatality model using on of the Allure IRs (the 412 Cali V30). The clean tones are an Archon Clean patch I made a while ago.

https://soundcloud.com/phil-miller-20/back-to-the-fold

Never heard of industrial metal before. Lol. Metal sure has a lot of genres.

Like the tones going on. I can tell you had fun with this. The fluttering sound throughout is interesting. It brings to mind a self-aware swarm of insects come to perniciously eat your brain.

A guy from the back screams, "More hi-hat!"   :D

Actually, this is pretty cool for a just for fun project.  That bass is seriously overdriven.  Did you use the JTV with baritone tuning for that or something else?

Nice job.

Patch sharing????

Made this just for fun... Not typically into heavy tones, but I've been messing around some of the high gain stuff on the Helix and have been having tons of fun. All the guitar tones are from JTV69US. Almost all the heavy rhythm tones on this tune are the JTV89 pickups as modeled in Variax, tuned down to baritone tuning (some are done with standard tuning).

All the high gain tones are the Fatality model using on of the Allure IRs (the 412 Cali V30). The clean tones are an Archon Clean patch I made a while ago.

https://soundcloud.com/phil-miller-20/back-to-the-fold

A guy from the back screams, "More hi-hat!"   :D

Actually, this is pretty cool for a just for fun project.  That bass is seriously overdriven.  Did you use the JTV with baritone tuning for that or something else?

Nice job.

I actually went and mixed the hi-hat a little lower after seeing this comment... Was thinking it was a little much too. I have a love/hate relationship with mixing. It's fun, but I also find it frustrating at times. Sometimes it feels like you're trying to hit a moving target.

Patch sharing????

Well, the main Fatality patch I used was actually one of the factory patches (just called Line 6 Fatality). All I did was replace the cab with the Allure Pack IR I mentioned above. I also added a tremolo model for the trem parts. I think I may have messed with the delay mix a little as well. Anyway, I can probably share it later...

I actually went and mixed the hi-hat a little lower after seeing this comment... Was thinking it was a little much too. I have a love/hate relationship with mixing. It's fun, but I also find it frustrating at times. Sometimes it feels like you're trying to hit a moving target.

Well, the main Fatality patch I used was actually one of the factory patches (just called Line 6 Fatality). All I did was replace the cab with the Allure Pack IR I mentioned above. I also added a tremolo model for the trem parts. I think I may have messed with the delay mix a little as well. Anyway, I can probably share it later...

Would appreciate it!

Never heard of industrial metal before. Lol. Metal sure has a lot of genres.

Metal is as big as it has ever been, and that isn't changing anytime soon. It has a great many subgenres. Many of which even I find is just splitting semantics. However, industrial metal is one of its bigger genres, and has been around easily since the 90's. "Strapping Young Lad," and "Fear Factory" were 2 big names of the genre of that time.

OP I am at work now, but I will give it a listen tomorrow.

• Upvote 1