Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Boston Area User Group Meeting 4/1 or 2

FlyingsCool

Looking to organize a get together either April 1/2 or 8/9 - probably preferably this weekend since Frank Ritchotte from Line 6 will be around and would like to join us.... Still looking for a location. Let us know if you'd like to join us.  If you know of a good location, please let us know.  I've got 5 interested parties so far...

Bring your Helix (or just yourself if you don't have one but want to see what they are like), a guitar or two, some beer or wine or whatever. Let's share some time and ideas together. I'll have at least a laptop and maybe a desktop if we want to share presets. I can even bring an interface (Focusrite 6i6) if it's appropriate...

I created a Facebook Group to help organize this and other events.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/BostonL6HelixUG/

Thanks for the thought :)

Not sure a bunch of guys talking, drinking beers, and fooling around with some gear would hold much interest as a podcast though :)

But who knows, could always facebook live it.  Well, at least until...

;)

I'd love to meet up, not 100% positive I can, but probably.

I'm not on Facebook though, and don't want to be. Can we coordinate here instead? Or a Google group, of we want emails beyond what a subscription here dues?

Not to volunteer other people for stuff, but would it be too weird if our first meeting had a Kemper/Helix comparison as part of it? I for one would be interested, and we'd hopefully get fenderod out of his dilemma. Maybe try to set that up for another time?

I'd love to meet up, not 100% positive I can, but probably.

I'm not on Facebook though, and don't want to be. Can we coordinate here instead? Or a Google group, of we want emails beyond what a subscription here dues?

Not to volunteer other people for stuff, but would it be too weird if our first meeting had a Kemper/Helix comparison as part of it? I for one would be interested, and we'd hopefully get fenderod out of his dilemma. Maybe try to set that up for another time?

Hah, no doubt a good idea, but my Sat conflict is probably more improv session than comparison - my buddy just happens to play through a Kemper and I have the Helix. Might make sense to find someone who owns both. But I will ask him if he's interested in chillin with a Helix crew some time in the future.

Yes. Facebook is not necessary.  A large contingent of users are there, but I know it's only a small percentage of all users.  Given I've sort of taken on organizing this, it would be great if you could PM me your contact info as well as what day and time would be best.  I'm choosing this weekend because Frank Ritchotte is available and wants to come.

At the moment it looks like I'm going to try to rent some space at Jamspot in Somerville or Wakefield unless somebody has a better idea.  I figure put aside 3 hours, and if we want more time we can hit a local watering hole.  It's $35/hr for 240 sqft (12x20 or 15 x 16 I assume), or 50/hr for a 600 sqft room.  I don't mind covering it and people can chip in if they want.  If a majority of people want a weeknight instead, I'm open assuming space can be found.  I'm going to find out what space is available in a couple hours.

And, yeah, I'll create a Google Group, too.  Sad having multiple locations for info, but there isn't a single social thing out there everybody is on, and I'm not awesome at website management.

Ok, it looks like the Boston Area Line 6 Helix User Group (BAL6HUG)(hmm... that acronym could be a little scary) meeting is a go, assuming we can get people to agree on a time.  I spoke to JamSpot.com Somerville, and they've got rooms available on Saturday (and Sunday I assume) from 10am to Midnight.  I'm thinking a 3 hour time slot?  (prices are $35/hr for 240 sqft and  $50/hr for 600 or so sqft.. I don't mind covering it, though donations would be appreciated).  Whatchyall think? 

I'm available all day both days at the moment.  Give me some times you'd like to go, I was thinking mid to late afternoon?  Apparently lots of parking is available and free.  They also have a place in Wakefield, but Somerville seems closer to everyone.

Saturday is marginally better for me, but it looks like the majority want Sunday so far, and I'm flexible, so that's fine.

Between 1 and 5 works for me too. Again I'm flexible, but family would like me home in the evening if that works for everyone.

Guess that means I should put my guitar back together by then, huh?

• Upvote 1

Boston Area Line 6 Helix User Group Update -

We've got a total of 5 fer-sure's plus the Uber-celeb @Frank Ritchotte of Line 6 fame has offered to come by. I'd like to reserve the room today at http://www.Jamspot.com in Somerville, what's the best time zone? 2-5pm or 3-6pm? Most people who care seem to want to leave by 5.

As I said, I'll be bringing my Helix and an L2t and maybe an L2m and my little Tube Works RT2100... I've got a JTV-69S, an '81 Tokai Les Paul copy, a Fender Jazz Bass, and a laptop, maybe my desktop if people think two computers would be useful. Anything else we need?  And, yes, please bring as much gear as you want, or as little.  The little rooms are said to hold up to 10 players, and the big room has a stage.

Only "issue" is no food or alcohol in the studios at Jamspot, hope that's not a bummer. The rooms do have a bunch of gear though, including a drum kit if that's any consolation.

Thanks so much for joining us Frank, we really appreciate it!

(sorry for all the posts on different sites, but we seem to be all over the map on  the internet :) )

Sorry, Somerville was booked so I had to change it to the Duke's room at the Wakefield location - 14 Teal Road, Wakefield, MA 01880.  2pm to 5pm by popular demand.  You don't have to stay the whole time, but I wanted to make sure people had a good window available for themselves.  And yes, bring whatever gear you want.  Amps, monitors, guitars Helices, etc...

• 1 month later...

Working on setting up the next event.  Currently planning it on Sunday, June 25, 2017 from 2 pm to 5 pm at the Somerville Jamspot 111 South St, Somerville, MA 02143 (assuming I can still get a room for that date).

Thanks for working this :)

The note I left myself after our last meetup says 1:00, not 2:00, but it's completely possible I mis-typed it on my phone.

I don't have a strong preference myself, depends how early folks can get free, and how much time they have "available".

Looking forward to it!