Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Increasing (usb 7) gain

Bangha

H everyone,

I'm wondering, is there any way to increase the output of the USB7 out? I'm currently recording my album, and am recording dry tracks for safety should I choose to reamp in the future, their output however is rather weak and I'd much rather record a bit hotter to improve my signal to noise ratio.

Thanks

You can increase the gain inside the DAW any number of ways. You don't want to, though. The dry signal is the signal directly from your guitar, which is quite low. You want to keep it like that for re-amping purposes because when you send it back to the Helix it will be correct for being sent back through the Helix's signal path. So don't mess with it.

• Upvote 1

You can increase the gain inside the DAW any number of ways. You don't want to, though. The dry signal is the signal directly from your guitar, which is quite low. You want to keep it like that for re-amping purposes because when you send it back to the Helix it will be correct for being sent back through the Helix's signal path. So don't mess with it.

Yup. This, too.