jbuhajla

2.20 Party

Anyone having a v2.20 party on Friday (last day of the month)? If you are, don't spill your drinks on your Helix. 

The party for Friday is on. Whether the upgrade decides to appear or not is unknown. Either way I'll have a tasty IPA to either celebrate or drown my sorrows.

• Upvote 1

And the proximity to April 1 has nobody concerned? 

What could possibly go wrong?

• Upvote 4

I wanted to start a new thread today that didn't involve "FRFR". It was either going to be about the firmware release or start a thread about the Helix tuner. 

• Upvote 1

It will be out Tomorrow...

or not....

• Upvote 2

I wanted to start a new thread today that didn't involve "FRFR". It was either going to be about the firmware release or start a thread about the Helix tuner. 

I believe if I were Line 6 I'd be in the middle of releasing a new FRFR active cab with D class power that weighed about 10 pounds and is matched perfectly to the Helix. 

Talk about a pre-existing market just waiting to be serviced...

I'm gonna let about 300 of y'all install the newest update first. Then I'll put it on mine ;-)

I'm gonna let about 300 of y'all install the newest update first. Then I'll put it on mine ;-)

Been thinking the same thing!

• Upvote 1

Big wuss...   :lol: Roll the dice! Feed the chickens!!! 

• Upvote 1

I'll just wait for yet another round of spring time storms. Take both my Helix and PC off the battery backup and then start the flashing process.

Big wuss...   :lol: Roll the dice! Feed the chickens!!! 

Well I'm once bitten, twice shy; lost most of my user presets when I upgraded to 2:10 (never bothered with 2:12). A little while after that, some upgrading tips that aren't on the Line 6 instructions started showing up here. I think I'll let you guys do the groundwork this time around.  :P

I never do updates on any computer "first". Lots of people will, so I choose to wait and see what happens to their hardware. I'm on my second Helix so I've flashed them twice without any problem at all - but both were new out of the box with none of my presets loaded, so that's a easy decision, especially since the 2.2 update had been out sometime and had proven reliable. Just my .02 worth

I want a 2.20 party too! Really excited for the midi clock feature I've been missing.

A Friday software release would be really unusual. As a dev, I'd not be surprised to see this pushed until after early April spring break vacations... Hopefully, the longer it takes, the more bugs are getting worked out. :)

Who said the next Helix update needed more delays?

That's NOT what they meant!

• Upvote 2

LOL! Next time we'll be sure to upvote more boosts!

Friday is always a good reason to Party!

Even more so, if FW 2.20 is out by then.

For me, the real celebration will start when the newly revised Helix Editor joins the party....

So the guy that could tell us something about the release date is out emptying the trash, making dinner, cleaning the studio, writing checks and paying bills and coding his arsh off in between sleeping...  Maybe if/when Yamaha gives out a raises he can then hire a Chinese guy to do the laundry which would then give him time to email us on the update status here... Whada ya think good idea huh!?! :P    ;)

Ha ha, perfect. Too bad there aren't any effects called "modestly ahead of schedules."

Looking ahead a couple of years to version 4.20 and wondering what the posts on that one will look like.  :lol:

Looking ahead a couple of years to version 4.20 and wondering what the posts on that one will look like.  :lol:

and as soon as it's released , the whining about "when will a new update be released" will start.................again

I want a 2.20 party too! Really excited for the midi clock feature I've been missing.

A Friday software release would be really unusual. As a dev, I'd not be surprised to see this pushed until after early April spring break vacations... Hopefully, the longer it takes, the more bugs are getting worked out. :)

I'm looking forward to the MIDI clock support too, I was really surprised it wasn't in there earlier.  And why not Friday releases?  Lunch at the pub, a couple of last minute tweaks followed by a quick build and release the software just before going home.  What could possibly go wrong?  :lol:

Mike

• Upvote 1

Guys I suggest you go refresh your browser window in the updates section right now...

Oh, naw, I'm just funnin' ya...

Guys I suggest you go refresh your browser window in the updates section right now...

Oh, naw, I'm just funnin' ya...

Not cool!!!!  :P

4:55AM is way too early for Pacific DST!

However, NOW is a good time to refresh the update page.

PARTY LIKE ITS 2.20!,

Excellent known issue for those that read the release notes...

If a user fails to read and follow the update instructions, Helix will engage Snapshot 2 in preset 8 Templates > 32D every day at 4:30 AM