Sign in to follow this  
jyanes

Snapshot Copy

Is there a way within the Helix editor to copy a snapshot to another snapshot? 

I am using the Mac version, when i right click and copy a snapshot, there is then no option to paste on top of another snapshot. 

Any thoughts? 

I've not used the Mac editor, but on the Windows editor, when you right click on the camera icon near the snapshot pulldown menu, a menu comes up where you can choose the various functions. After you copy and go to another snapshot and right click on the camera icon, paste is one of the options.

From the hardware, it takes three seconds:

1. While touch-holding the Snapshot you want to copy, briefly touch and release the destination Snapshot.
  2. Press Knob 6 (OK).
  • Upvote 1

From the hardware, it takes three seconds:

1. While touch-holding the Snapshot you want to copy, briefly touch and release the destination Snapshot.
  2. Press Knob 6 (OK).

^This^

Also something to keep in mind. If you play out with your Helix, try getting used to doing these types of things from the Helix and not the editor. You may find yourself in a pinch at a gig and you won't remember or not know how to do a simple task with just the hardware. Most of these functions are very fast doing them right from Helix. 

• Upvote 1

Most of these functions are very fast doing them right from Helix. 

Almost everything is way faster from the hardware. The only thing that's faster from the editor is naming stuff. And maybe reordering presets.

Assigning footswitches? 3 seconds. Swapping footswitch assignments? 3 seconds. Assigning controllers? 3 seconds. MIDI mapping? 3 seconds. Copying Snapshots? 3 seconds. Swapping snapshots? 3 seconds.

Oh, and you should all be navigating around the screen by touching switches. The joystick is there as a last resort.

Shortcuts are your friend.

Almost everything is way faster from the hardware. The only thing that's faster from the editor is naming stuff. And maybe reordering presets.

Assigning footswitches? 3 seconds. Swapping footswitch assignments? 3 seconds. Assigning controllers? 3 seconds. MIDI mapping? 3 seconds. Copying Snapshots? 3 seconds. Swapping snapshots? 3 seconds.

Oh, and you should all be navigating around the screen by touching switches. The joystick is there as a last resort.

Shortcuts are your friend.

Very true, I find myself hopping down to the hardware 95% of the time even if I'm at the computer. Thanks for the shortcut list DI, it made ma aware of a couple of things I'd forgotten.

Anywho, what's brings you to the forum? :D Got any plans for today? Doing anything special? :D

Very true, I find myself hopping down to the hardware 95% of the time even if I'm at the computer. Thanks for the shortcut list DI, it made ma aware of a couple of things I'd forgotten.

Anywho, what's brings you to the forum? :D Got any plans for today? Doing anything special? :D

I'm here all the time.  :huh:

Lots of plans for today, but they deal with future Helix stuff.

I'm here all the time.  :huh:

Lots of plans for today, but they deal with future Helix stuff.

You know that awkward feeling when a joke makes sense in your head, but then you have to explain it cuz it didn't make sense once you verbalized it?

My question was along the lines of, " hey stranger is that a firmware upgrade in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Wow, I just made this even more awkward.

You know that awkward feeling when a joke makes sense in your head, but then you have to explain it cuz it didn't make sense once you verbalized it?

My question was along the lines of, " hey stranger is that a firmware upgrade in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Wow, I just made this even more awkward.

Oh, I got it—just pretended not to to make it awkward. Because I love "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and the BBC version of "The Office." You're welcome.

Great Shortcuts PDF! If this is avail on the Line 6 site (aside from the auto download text link here in this thread) where can it be found?

Much Appreciated! I'll give it a view and forward the link around to a few Helix users.