Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help Connecting Pod Hd500 To Vox Ac15 Amp

toddrubin

Im a relatively new POD user and I believe I have done everything necessary to properly run my Pod through my amp. (changed the output settings to combo front, flicked the 1/4 output switch to "amp")

I want to use my POD for effects only and harness the true tone of my VOX amp. If I plug the guitar directly into the amp, I get a beautiful warm clean tone. When I run my guitar through my POD and then through the amp, I lose volume and tone.

I assumed that by disabling any amp models on my POD that I should get the same tone as I would through a direct connection but I don't. Is this normal?

I read in the user manual that if I'm using a tube amp (which I am), that I should try a preamp model from the amp models list. When I do this, I get an even different tone.

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm basically looking for a simple way to use my POD for effects and maintain the natural tone of my guitar and amp pairing. (Tele/VOX sounds really nice)

Hello, your amp has effects loop?

if you recomenido you use the 4-wire method is:

SEN POD ---> INPUT AMPLI.

RETURN POD ----> SEN AMPLI

OUTPUT POD ---> RETURN AMPLI

GUITAR ----> INPUT POD

must leave the switch in the Line mode (amp to Line) and also Loop Line.
edit software let luegos first loop and you put the chorus, delay and reverb.

Loop and before the compressor, wah, overdrive, distortion.
also must leave the loop with retur (0-24 db) in 20db (software edit)
and sen-7db. (this you have to pobarlos the idea is that the loop without the loop that you check your signal is lost or original sound of your amp.

excuse my English

regards

Hola, tu ampli tiene loop de efectos?

si tienes te recomenido usar el metodo de los 4 cables que es:

SEN POD ---> INPUT AMPLI.

RETURN POD ----> SEN AMPLI

OUTPUT POD ---> RETURN AMPLI

GUITAR ----> INPUT POD

debes dejar los switch en modo Line del (de ampli a Line) y en el Loop tambien Line.

el software edit dejas primero el loop y luegos colocas los chorus, delay y reverb.

y antes del Loop los compresores, wha, overdrive, distorsiones.

tambien debes dejar el loop con un retur (0-24 db) en 20db (software edit)

y el sen en -7db. (esto tienes que pobarlos la idea es que con el loop y sin el loop tu compruebes que no se pierde la señal o sonido original de tu ampli.

saludos

Use a couple of cables and match level with the HD using the master out volume. (near full) with no amp or FX on in the path or with the tuner engaged.

Also the toggle switches on the top near the foot pedal effect the level out. Choose what matches the tone best.

Choose the FX you want but you'l have to roll the wet signal right down and some need a volume increase.

Realize that the HD is now a pre amp running into the Vox peamp and will increase treble and noise and the FX models will need tweaking. You should be able to get acceptable results similar to pedals before your amp.

You also have in the global pages the option to select the Combo out mode. Use the ears etc for what works best. SStudio Direct might sound fuller for the AC15 

Thanks. I will try everything you suggest. Can you explain what you mean in your first paragraph?

"Use a couple of cables and match level with the HD using the master out volume. (near full) with no amp or FX on in the path or with the tuner engaged."

Thanks. I will try everything you suggest. Can you explain what you mean in your first paragraph?

"Use a couple of cables and match level with the HD using the master out volume. (near full) with no amp or FX on in the path or with the tuner engaged."

I believe what he is suggesting is to level out the HD output with the signal direct from your guitar. So guitar out to A/B box. A goes direct to amp. B goes to Pod then to amp.

I can see that could be misunderstood. 

You could use the same guitar cable going from to Amp but that requires you to patch in the one from the HD each time.

From your guitar go into the HD.

Have a cable from HD out that and go into the amp.

Use another cable to swap out from guitar to Amp.

• 2 years later...

I have a Carvin V3 100 watt tube combo. Right now I'm using 4 cable and going into the series effects loop (it also has a parallel loop). The controls on the amp have no effect and all volume comes through the HD500 X master volume. I am in the opposite boat and want to experiment with using the pre-amp and power amp sections of my amp (it has 3 channels and 8 billion controls for each!). Do I just plug the Pod directly into the amp guitar input? Ideally, I want to be able to insert some effects before the power amp and some after but still be able to adjust the settings on the Carvin.

I'm going to have to see what the fx loop block active is, thanks. I've only had the Pod for a few weeks and it seemed like rocket science at first but I'm slowly starting to figure some things out. So far plugging into the effects loop of a Yamaha G100 112 solid state amp (just bought it yesterday because I can actually pick it up vs the over 80 lb Carvin combo). The controls on the front of the amp when plugged in this way (4 cable method) has absolutely no effect on either volume or tone, all volume seems to come from adjusting the pod volume. Are you saying the "fx block loop" will allow me to use the front controls on the amp also? The amp does have a level knob for both the send and return jacks on the back of the amp but they don't seem to do anything with my current setup either..