Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Nigel Hendroff pedalboard , can someone help me with that ?

gabrielvasquesb

Hi guys , im new to the helix and I was wondering if someone could help me make a patch to get some setup similiar or close with the nigel hendroff pedalboard, because I can not do that , I tried several times and failed and I tried simulated a preamp boost like the "Jackson Audio Prism" that he uses but I couldnt neither , can someone help with that too ? I will appreciated so much. my guitar is a "Gretsch Electromatic G5422TDCG" and im running the helix through a FOH. I will upload the pedalboard picture below, thanks guys.

Youtube link to hear him: 

post-2388833-0-13137900-1490926652_thumb.jpg

OK - you are starting with a totally different guitar.........so you won't get his exact sounds.

He is running 2 different amps together (L&R) - nothing to stop you doing that too.  Use a clean Fender and try a Litigator for the Jackson running clean (but just clean almost ready to break up) Try drive around 2 bass down maybe around 2 also - will depend on your guitar and volume you listen at.  But the Gretsch probably has more bottom than the Suhr. Mid 4.6 Treble say 5.5 and presence 5 - channel vol maybe 9.5 all depends on your guitar.  Stick a deluxe Comp in front of that and you should have a clean sound that is a lot like his.  

The rest are effects - you can get very similar results with Helix effects  - the Minotaur is a Clon style overdrive for example.

What you won't do is have every pedal in one patch. You don't have enough DSP.  But why would you - he uses a switcher to set up scenes which in your world are patches - you just have a new patch for a new song and you use the 4 or 5 effects you need for that song.  His switcher actually leaves everything he's not using out of the loop to avoid the huge mush you would get is you ran through every pedal all the time.  With the Helix delays you can get huge stereo effects again similar.  Play with them!

You will now need to do some work on your own!

• Upvote 1

The trick is not to use what he uses, but to think about the signal chain the way he does.

So... the first thing he likes is a bit of a boost to add some hair... in Helix, I'd use the Minotaur for that.

Think about the way you want to sound and what you have available and take it a pedal at a time.

Stereo amps are great, but if you don't have a great sound guy, your tone is so huge it gets buried in the mix to compensate... jus' saying'...

I'd not heard of the guy but he has some tasty sounds, and don't Strymon reverbs sound good?

Craig

Guitar player/music director from Hillsong United church in Australia. United is the worship band on tour from that church. They are putting out some fantastic music, really pushing the envelope in that genre. 

http://hillsong.com/united/

Hi guys , im new to the helix and I was wondering if someone could help me make a patch to get some setup similiar or close with the nigel hendroff pedalboard, because I can not do that , I tried several times and failed and I tried simulated a preamp boost like the "Jackson Audio Prism" that he uses but I couldnt neither , can someone help with that too ? I will appreciated so much. my guitar is a "Gretsch Electromatic G5422TDCG" and im running the helix through a FOH. I will upload the pedalboard picture below, thanks guys.

You can achieve tones like his with the helix. Here are some concepts that I use on my Helix rig every Sunday. I won't go into details about amp/effect settings, but more of the workflow. The effects mentioned in the paths below are turned on/off with snapshots or stomps and are not on all the time. It is a wet/dry workflow with one amp, but wet/dry on two different cabs/IRs. You can send me a direct message and I can either send you one of my presets or just a snapshot of the Helix screen if you want. 

I run in mono, XLR out to FOH. Our other guitar player is mono from a mic'ed isolated cab to FOH. 

Signal flow:

Path 1>compression>volume pedal on board EXP2>drive pedal (usually TS808)>distortion pedal(usually Minotaur)>amp>split signal

Path 1A>cab/IR>output to XLR

Path 1B>phaser>chorus>down to path 2

Path 2>split

Path 2A>room reverb>Octo reverb>particle reverb>merge paths

Path 2B>simple delay>transistor tape delay>?delay>merge paths

Path 2 after the merge>cavern reverb>IR/Cab> out to XLR