Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt-50 Voicing +pod Hd500x Question

osktuary

I've seen a lot of topics on this but none really deal with my exact situation. I recently bought a POD HD500X and the DT-50.  I absolutely love the IV voicing on my DT50 for my main rhythm/heavy tone  ( I use the pentitode, class B setting with this). I love it so much that I absolutely do not want to use any preamp from the POD HD500X for my normal rhythm tone, maybe just the noise gate from the POD.

However I DO want to use my POD for all the other tones I plan to make. (clean, spacey, ect, tones with the POD preamps that is)

So I guess my question would be....

How do I set up my rig (POD HD500X and DT-50) so that I can switch between the rhythm tone I created on the DT-50 (using the DT-50's preamp, pentitode and class B settings), and all the other patches I plan to switch to on my POD HD500X,

I need to be able to switch back and forth between all these tones for the music we are doing, which was a breeze on my VETTA. But now I'm having issues with this. If I can't work this out I'll have to return the HD500x and figure something out...

If this simply isn't achievable, I'd like the straight answer from someone so I can return what I need to return.

Any suggestions, tips (for newbies to the DT-50/PODHD combo) or guides that I can be linked to (video preferred if possible) would be really great. Thanks. 

if you disable the ampmodel in a hd500x patch the dt50 will switch it self to channel B within the amp it self

so a patch without a amp selected wil automaticly be channel B,

so  if you set you,re favourite dt50 rythm tone in channel B of the dt50 you can make patches within the dh500x with or without an amp model, giving you the choice of using the dt or the hd preamps.

you can also assign a footswitch on the hd500x to turn the amp model on or off, witch will make the dt50 turn to channel B.

when using the dt50 preamp all the effects used are in pre position within the chain.

• 4 weeks later...

it uses the amp default, cab simulation, so the cab model changes with the voicing.

I do not recall what those default cabs are...

but if you've updated the DT amp to 2.0 and use some of the midi tools you can probably figure it out definitively.

If you use DT edit (free 3rd party software) via a midi connection you can view and edit all preamp optiions including cab/mic settings in the DT amp. This can therefore be done on a laptop completely independently of a podHD.

I've kept Channel A as per factory settings. From factory Channel B banks 1-4 are identical but I've edited it via this software to include a Deluxe, JCM800 and others.

• 1 year later...

its different between the dt25 and dt50

but it's not as simple as just dialing it in...

there's the input and output settings too.

but what pre amps are they and what cab do you select on the pod hd to make it sound the same as the following ones out of the box.

• classic American clean
  • british crunch
  • class A chime
  • modern hi gain

Currently using a DT50 with a pod hd 500. But when you plug straight into the DT50(no pod) and call up the modern hi gain it sounds unreal. and I just want to know the settings to use on the pod to recall these voicings.

Is it possible?

yes, its possible.. if you set the right preamp.. the right input settings, and right output settings.

Currently using a DT50 with a pod hd 500. But when you plug straight into the DT50(no pod) and call up the modern hi gain it sounds unreal. and I just want to know the settings to use on the pod to recall these voicings.

Is it possible?

I guess that is what I am asking. Because I cant see what those built in settings are in the DT50 standalone.

If I did, I could set up the right preamp, amp and cab settings as you have suggested on the POD and make the DT50 sound the same as it does standalone.

Appreciate your help on this issue.

Do you know where we can find these exact settings to dial on the pod?

Or can you see the settings when you use the DT50 edit software some guys have been talking about?

you should be able to see it if you use the software... the amp settings at least. (DT amp needs upgraded to fw 2.0)

the output mode will probably take care of itself....

for the input you need to make sure that the input is not set to same... meaning set path 2 to variax or mic... or something you aren't using.