Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Copying IR'S and updating to 2.20

rychester63

A three digit prefix works well, 001, 002, etc.

Pay attention when you drop them back on the the editor, make sure you get what you expect. I've had weird stuff happen at that point sometimes.

I've found that just using a three digit prefix is not always reliable, sometimes putting things out of order.

I use the three digit prefix for sorting within the file manager, but I also put a title tag in the file of the same name without the prefix. That way, when you use the import function, you select all of them and they'll be imported without the number prefix. This gives you an extra three characters for more descriptive naming. Of course, doing things this way relies on always importing all your IRs at once. And Inserting IRs somewhere in your list can be troublesome.

I do the number thing, too. The weird thing I've found with Windows 10 and the Helix app is that the order the IRs are loaded back onto the Helix depends on where my cursor is when I grab the file to drag them over. As long as I have the cursor on the first file, it will load them back in the proper order. Otherwise, it will make the file I have my cursor on the first one, go through the rest in order and loop around. Very odd.

I do the number thing, too. The weird thing I've found with Windows 10 and the Helix app is that the order the IRs are loaded back onto the Helix depends on where my cursor is when I grab the file to drag them over. As long as I have the cursor on the first file, it will load them back in the proper order. Otherwise, it will make the file I have my cursor on the first one, go through the rest in order and loop around. Very odd.

Yes. The mouse drag has to target the first in the list, as well to target the first position in the Helix iR bank, and there it will start the "drop". Always been like that and I think it's intentional. 

That is weird. I'll have to pay attention to that this weekend. I am doing my first upgrade with Windows 10, was using Apple OS previously.