Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Why can't I load 2.2?

dankleiner

I go to the software page update.

On the right side, I click the icon for the Line 6 Update.

It downloads, and I click on the package to download.

The package installs three things: The Helix app, the License Manager and the Updater.

I open the Helix application. 

I turn on the Helix floor board while holding down the two middle buttons on the bottom row.

It states: Will Reset Globals and Restore Stock Presets and Irs.

It loads and opens with 01A Preset.

I re-open the Helix Application; in the top right corner it says "Helix Firmware 2.10."

Life should not be this difficult.

The only software package you need to download is the latest version of "Helix". If you run and install that, the newest drivers and the newest version of Line 6 Updater and the Helix Editor app will be installed. After that, connect the Helix and run Line 6 Updater and follow the instructions.

Go to the "Downloads" link at the top of the page and select "Helix" from the middle pulldown menu (the system should have your OS selected already). On the next, the Helix download should be the first thing that shows up. Scroll down and hit the "Get Download" button. That will take you to a page where you check a license agreement, hit "Accept and Download", and on the download should start automatically. It depends on your browser settings as to whether it asks you where you want to save it or it just downloads to some downloads folder automatically.

I have tried both of your suggestions. When I select Helix from the middle scroll down menu, it takes me to the Release Notes. When I select Line 6 Updater from the Middle menu, it the Line 6 Updater 1.11. package. I have loaded and installed that several times now. 

What am I not comprehending?

I have tried both of your suggestions. When I select Helix from the middle scroll down menu, it takes me to the Release Notes. When I select Line 6 Updater from the Middle menu, it the Line 6 Updater 1.11. package. I have loaded and installed that several times now. 

You need to just select "Helix" from the middle menu.

..... When I select Helix from the middle scroll down menu, it takes me to the Release Notes. .....

At the bottom of the release notes is a button that says Get Download. That's what you may be missing.

You need to just select "Helix" from the middle menu.

When I select Helix, it just takes me back to the Release Notes!!!

I have downloaded the Updater 1.11. Thereafter, I open the Helix Editor. It says "Helix Device Not Connected," as the Helix is off. I then hold down the two buttons. I allow it to load, and it opens with )1A. it is still on Version 2.10.

What the heck?! 

When I select Helix, it just takes me back to the Release Notes!!!

I have downloaded the Updater 1.11. Thereafter, I open the Helix Editor. It says "Helix Device Not Connected," as the Helix is off. I then hold down the two buttons. I allow it to load, and it opens with )1A. it is still on Version 2.10.

What the heck?! 

Yes, and there should be a button that says "Get Download" when you scroll down there...

What OS are you using?

Phil,

Of course, that link allowed me to download an entirely different software package - Helix2.20.dmg

The package opens, completes installation and a new Helix icon appears on my desktop. When I click on the new icon, it opens the installer box again (Helix.pkg)  . It does not load the new editor.

Why? 

The Helix application is for editing, IR loading, and patch backup only. It does not update the Helix. To update the Helix, you need to find the Line 6 Updater application. If you installed package from the link above, it should be on your computer already. Run that first to install the update.

Beyond that I'm not sure what else to say. If you're still having trouble, I suggest calling Line 6 customer service.

Well, now. I went to my Applications folder, opened the Line 6 folder and soft the Updater icon. Whaddya know, it worked like a charm.

I know I came across as a newbie, but I have been using and performing with digital gear for years, and this is the only software that stumps me.

Thank you to all who lended a hand.