Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Models sound muddy on my JTV69S

Everytime I switch to the models they sound muddy compared to the mags.

I've played around with the pots and pups positions in Workbench, they then sound better till I unplug the interface cable and plug the VDI cable back in, then they go muddy again.

I'm uploading to the Variax when I've made changes and I can see the valves have changed. But just have the same muddy sound when I unplug everything again.

Any Ideas?

TIA

Everytime I switch to the models they sound muddy compared to the mags.

I've played around with the pots and pups positions in Workbench, they then sound better till I unplug the interface cable and plug the VDI cable back in, then they go muddy again.

I'm uploading to the Variax when I've made changes and I can see the valves have changed. But just have the same muddy sound when I unplug everything again.

Any Ideas?

TIA

Well if it sounds OK while you're editing, but returns to crappy when you go back to the VDI cable, perhaps the problem is that cable?

What are you running through? POD, Helix?

Well if it sounds OK while you're editing, but returns to crappy when you go back to the VDI cable, perhaps the problem is that cable?

Yes, and it's also possible that you have saved the preset on the Helix or whatever device you're plugging into with the tone knob at a low value.

I'm running through a Firehawk FX.

Yes, and it's also possible that you have saved the preset on the Helix or whatever device you're plugging into with the tone knob at a low value.

Ok thanks, I'll have another go and make sure the tone knob is up.

Thanks everyone for the help.

No experience witch the Firehawk... can you connect to Workbench through it, as with the POD? If nothing else it'll save you from having to swap cables all the time...

No unfortunately,but I've now reflashed the fw again, and it seems to be alot better. Or my ears are playing tricks on me. I'll see how it sounds tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.