Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

can someone tell me how to calibrate the tuner on this damn thing?

redarmy82

There are no settings for the tuner.  It is about as straight forward as a tuner can get.  Try these things and see if one or more help:

1. Update to the latest firmware.
  2. If already on the latest firmware, factory reset the amp. (hold down the home button and scroll down to the last option)
  3. Is your guitar properly intonated.

Strange! As mentioned above there is no way to calibrate the tuner. Try a factory reset or updating to the latest fimware and let us know if that has solved your issue. Holding down to home button will bring you to a menu where you can perform the factory reset.

are you tuning long sustain?

Gotta tune the attack bro...If you tune a string with minimal attack on a long sustained note, you will always be sharp when you back to hitting the string like you do for a song...Tune like you play and find the compromise...If you don't know what I am talking about, then it does not matter anyway.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My Spider V's tuner is way off, too.  My $9 Snark clip-on does a much better job.  I tuned my guitars with a strobe tuner and the Spider V says they're all flat.  It's not a case of the display just being too low-res.. the range isn't too big, it's too sharp.