Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lost Factory Preset

Dugansz

I lost the "stadium" preset (under factory preset 1) when i updated to new firmware, anyone know how to get it back other than reverting back to old firmware? They deleted it to make room for new tones.   Cant find it on custom tone, Thanks JIm

You are going to have to revert back to the old firmware unless there is another user out there on the old firmware who is nice enough to upload it for you.

Going forward, when using the factory presets, copy them to one of your empty user banks.  After you're done tweaking, export the patch.  This will ensure you'll always have a backup on hand.

I lost the "stadium" preset (under factory preset 1) when i updated to new firmware, anyone know how to get it back other than reverting back to old firmware? They deleted it to make room for new tones.   Cant find it on custom tone, Thanks JIm

As requested, Stadium Rock - Factory 1 Slot 24C, here ya go -> download from Dropbox. (remove .txt from end of download file name to read Stadium Rock.hlx before use)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4ebnrt5zl7gko8/Stadium%20Rock.hlx?dl=0

Although I thought this issue had been resolved by another user in a previous post that you made?

Any problems with this file, please don't hesitate to let me know and I will send using a different service.

and remember READ THE INSTRUCTIONS -

• Use your CURRENT EXISTING Helix application to back up all of your presets and IRs (if you want to keep them). For example, if you’re running Helix FW 1.12, your current Helix application version should be 1.12.

• If a user fails to read and follow the update instructions, Helix will engage Snapshot 2 in preset 8 Templates > 32D every day at 4:30 AM

Hello, and thank you DC.  I lost track of my first post, new to forum.  I really appreciate your help.  The 3 files i have now are  in drop box but they show up as internets shortcuts of 1 KB.

I try to import them but they hang up and don't import.  Is there another way?  I wonder if you pull up the preset on your helix and take a pic of the signal path and i could just enter effects manually?  No hurry, and i really appreciate it.

Hello, and thank you DC. I lost track of my first post, new to forum. I really appreciate your help. The 3 files i have now are in drop box but they show up as internets shortcuts of 1 KB.

I try to import them but they hang up and don't import. Is there another way? I wonder if you pull up the preset on your helix and take a pic of the signal path and i could just enter effects manually? No hurry, and i really appreciate it.

That's kinda weird as I tested the download myself and got the file, but Dropbox appends the file name by adding .txt to the file name.

It's just gone midnight here, and have been drinking exceptionally good beer, so will be back in the studio tomorrow pm, when I can upload it to custom-tone, so you can grab it from there. I will post a link in this thread, it will be here tomorrow afternoon.

Don't worry we have the patch.

EDIT: I could send it to you as an attachment to a personal mail If you wish.

I thought that Line 6 had a link to all the old factory presets somewhere on here. Another user (Malhavok, aka Ben Vasco) seems to keep track what changes in factory preset files - look him up.

As requested - download this attached file, or grab it from Customtone via this link:

https://line6.com/customtone/tone/2938488/

If you download the file from this attachment, you will need to remove the .txt extension to the file name. Once renamed "Stadium Rock.hlx", simply drag it into an empty slot in one of your user setlists in the Helix Editor.

Still don't understand what happened when you went to the Dropbox file. It work perfect for me.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your help.  I got the file.  I had to import from downloads folder (windows 10).  I was trying to import directly from dropbox and that didn't work.  I am new to dropbox,  just downloaded it.  Too much new tech in a short time for me.  I just upgraded from the boss gt-100 which was great but nowhere near the learning  curve.  I do love this setting even though everyone bags on the factory presets.   I will back up all factory presets before firmware upgrade from now on.  Thanks again for taking time to help.  Jim

Thanks for your help.  I got the file.  I had to import from downloads folder (windows 10).  I was trying to import directly from dropbox and that didn't work.  I am new to dropbox,  just downloaded it.  Too much new tech in a short time for me.  I just upgraded from the boss gt-100 which was great but nowhere near the learning  curve.  I do love this setting even though everyone bags on the factory presets.   I will back up all factory presets before firmware upgrade from now on.  Thanks again for taking time to help.  Jim

Hi Jim,

Happy to help and glad to know you're up and running again. It's easy to be distracted and go down the wrong rabbit hole.

As for the technology, well, we all have to start somewhere - some hit the ground running and others stumble. You will figure it out fairly quickly, although compared to the Boss GT-100, the Helix is like the flight deck of the Starship Enterprise. Set phasers on stun!

Have fun.

The thing here for me, im not sure if i were missing a preset or two, id ever know about it....unless of course i was using it every day.

So i guess my question is, how did you figure out it was missing, and are you sure youre not missing others?

Edit: Hmmm i guess mine is missing as well. Thanks DC

Edit2: On top of all that, the bank is still full, soi would assume either a preset has been doubled and i cant find it, or theres a mystery preset in there somewhere :)

The thing here for me, im not sure if i were missing a preset or two, id ever know about it....unless of course i was using it every day.

So i guess my question is, how did you figure out it was missing, and are you sure youre not missing others?

Edit: Hmmm i guess mine is missing as well. Thanks DC

Edit2: On top of all that, the bank is still full, soi would assume either a preset has been doubled and i cant find it, or theres a mystery preset in there somewhere :)

Will,

It seems that with every update to the Firmware there is going to be some changes to the supplied Factory preset lists.

Here is a quote from Digital Igloo about that very thing:

Digital_Igloo, on 18 Jan 2017 - 9:43 PM, said:

We add/remove/swap/change/tweak presets pretty much every FW release, some more than others. Unfortunately, any list would be out of date quickly.

Another forum user Ben Vesco (aka Malhavok) has been tracking the changes to the presets on Firmware versions prior v2.20. I'm not sure if he intends to keep up with documenting the changes, but you can see what he has done already on this page:

http://benvesco.com/store/line-6-helix/

So, we all know - Back up all your stuff  prior to installing an update!

As it clearly states in the release notes for V2.20

NOTE: You may want to back up individual Setlists so you can restore them to empty setlists without affecting the new 2.20 factory presets.

• Upvote 1

Will,

It seems that with every update to the Firmware there is going to be some changes to the supplied Factory preset lists.

Here is a quote from Digital Igloo about that very thing:

Digital_Igloo, on 18 Jan 2017 - 9:43 PM, said:

We add/remove/swap/change/tweak presets pretty much every FW release, some more than others. Unfortunately, any list would be out of date quickly.

Another forum user Ben Vesco (aka Malhavok) has been tracking the changes to the presets on Firmware versions prior v2.20. I'm not sure if he intends to keep up with documenting the changes, but you can see what he has done already on this page:

http://benvesco.com/store/line-6-helix/

So, we all know - Back up all your stuff  prior to installing an update!

As it clearly states in the release notes for V2.20

NOTE: You may want to back up individual Setlists so you can restore them to empty setlists without affecting the new 2.20 factory presets.

Cool. I hadnt seen the post from DI. Glad you are in tune with all this stuff.

• 3 months later...

Can someone please share the 'Arena Rock' preset via Dropbox?  I just updated firmware and failed to save that list.  Thank you Gear Head for sharing the Stadium Rock preset, that was the other one I wanted to keep.