Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and Variax now on speaking terms, awesome!

Loving the fact that with Helix 2.20 you can now use it as an interface for Variax and Workbench.  The Variax USB interface is going back in the drawer :)

Did a quick video about this as well as some Workbench tips

• Upvote 1

just updated my helix and workbench and is awesome!  

Do you know if there is an update for the variax coming? like more guitar models and pickups etc..

I sure hope so!  But I haven't heard any real chatter about it on the forums or Facebook.  

However Line 6 did send out an owners survey about Variax last week asking what new features would be important and what current features you use the most.  So I think that's a great sign that Line 6 isn't done with the Variax!

I'm pretty sure I remember getting a survey from Line 6 similar to this before the JTV line was launched several years ago.  

I'm not unhappy at all with my JTV guitars, but would love to see an update.  It would be incredible if they made a leap forward like they did going from the HD500 line to Helix.  Of course it would mean buying new hardware, but that's the way it goes.  

• Upvote 1

I sure hope so!  But I haven't heard any real chatter about it on the forums or Facebook.  

However Line 6 did send out an owners survey about Variax last week asking what new features would be important and what current features you use the most.  So I think that's a great sign that Line 6 isn't done with the Variax!

I took it as a sign that they are done with this incarnation of Variax and are moving on to the next generation of Variax's.

• Upvote 1

I took it as a sign that they are done with this incarnation of Variax and are moving on to the next generation of Variax's.

I agree.  But they launched in 2010 I believe and if it takes them another year to get the new version out that's a pretty long life cycle for a technology based product.  

The nice thing is that my JTV59 and 69 will continue to be great guitars.  Even if I just used the mags they are great instruments.  So even though I know I'll be the first in line for whatever the next gen is it will be hard to part with my two JTV's :)

The nice thing is that my JTV59 and 69 will continue to be great guitars.  Even if I just used the mags they are great instruments.  So even though I know I'll be the first in line for whatever the next gen is it will be hard to part with my two JTV's :)

I know what you mean. I have a beauty of a guitar that is the Variax 300 electronics in a Warmoth built Strat tobacco burst body and ebony neck. It actually plays better than my JTV-59 although I usually play my JTV because of alt tunings and Helix compatibility. But occasionally for a treat I will play the old Warmoth V300. The old models still sound great and the playability is inspirational. Not that theJTV doesn't play very well - it does. But, man, that Warmoth.........

I can see myself having three great Variax guitars if the recent survey is a portend of things to come.

• Upvote 1