Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Copy and Paste Blocks?

spikey

Seems to be working for me. I can copy a wah from one preset and paste it as a new block in an existing preset and I can also paste and overwrite the current block.   I am doing this from within Helix and not the Helix editor.  

Thanks for the reply... This is really strange.

I deleted the compressor and then it let me paste the wah block in like I wanted. And I could then reload a compressor.

It was grayed out before I tried that.

Weird...

Anyone else on Ver 2.20 having issues with copying and pasting blocks?

I'm trying to copy a wah block from one preset to another, and when I try and paste it, it's grayed out...

Spikey,

Yes I have had that issue yesterday after I loaded up 2.20 and finished my presets for last night's show.  I just figured since I have only used the editor it couldn't show me that it ran out of DSP.  I did what you did in once sense.  I deleted a block then it worked.  I would remove the block I wanted to replace and save without that block.  I would then copy the block from another preset and add it to the one I was trying before.  I'll have more time tomorrow to delve into this.

Dennis

Well,  it may have been just a glitch, as other patches seem to work ok as far as copying and pasting. I can not duplicate the issue I was having, so if anyone runs into this just remove a block in that patch and then try to paste it back i guess. That's what seems to work.

It might also have to do with editing presets that have not yet been rebuilt in v2.20. Note that the first thing that Helix does after the firmware installation is automatically rebuild the installed presets. I'm not sure why, because then the global reset erases all existing (just rebuilt) presets and installs the new factory presets. Perhaps it's just to make the device stable and reliable before doing the global reset if desired (though not recommended).

In any case rebuilding recently installed presets from earlier firmware versions is an automatic part of the Helix startup sequence. That suggests that we should restart Helix immediately after importing our user setlists into new firmware - before editing them.

My  speculation (pure and total speculation, I emphasize) in the case of weird block copy/paste behaviour is this: you import a new preset and start editing without rebuilding. The preset retains its DSP-remaining calculation from the old firmware. This will no longer be accurate if DSP performance improvements have been made in the new firmware. Note that the v2.20 release notes make specific mention of some DSP utilization improvements. Hence weird DSP-related behaviour results until the preset is rebuilt properly during the next Helix startup.