Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix not connecting to PC

Element0s

I know this has come up before but nothing I've tried has worked thus far. Just opened a support ticket with Line 6 but I figured I'd ask around in any case.

I've got an Window 7 PC and my Helix Floor is on 2.10. 

A while ago, my Helix editor stopped reading my Helix via USB. I didn't think much of it at the time but I've got studio time booked in a month and a tour right after so I NEED my stuff up and running ASAP. 

Message says "Helix Device not connected" and that's it. My Line 6 updater doesn't recognise it either.

My computer makes a sound when I disconnect and reconnect the Helix, so I know that SOMETHING is happening.

I've tried every USB port on my computer plus a hub and two different USB cables.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Helix software/updater.

Any thoughts?

Reboot the puter? Oh, and Windows 7 was released in July of 2009. I know it worked before, but the OS is 8 years old now...  :)

Just saying at some point you might think about updating the OS if you need your stuff to stay up and running. 

It is definitely is NOT the OS., and at no time soon do you need to worry about updating. That makes no sense at all.

Windows 7 is still to this day the best possible PC audio platform available .Hell,studios have run XP successfully some 20? 30? 40? years after its release without any hang ups.

I was getting the same messages. In my case disconnecting from a USB3 port and plugging into a USB2 port solved the problem.

• Upvote 1

I just went through the same thing.  Here's the response from the support ticket that fixed it:  

"wvolkmann Mar 8, 08:50 AM We may have found a fix. Please locate this file. This is the path to the interlock file: C:\ProgramData\Line 6\HelixInterlock • Right click/properties on that file. What are the Attributes? • Close the updater, delete HelixInterlock file and re-launch the app. Does it still fail? If so, what are the attributes of HelixInterlock fil

I found it in C:\Users\All Users\Line 6.  You may need admin privilege to right click and change the file attributes if it's read only.

Hope it works out.
  • Upvote 1

Windows 7 is still to this day the best possible PC audio platform available .Hell,studios have run XP successfully some 20? 30? 40? years after its release without any hang ups.

That may not be the problem and I'm sure its able to run the Helix Editor. People drive 16-year-old cars (I do) because its paid for, and not because it runs like a new one.

That said, I disagree with you on Windows 7 being the best possible PC audio platform available.There are tangible performance boosts to be had versus Win 7- faster boot time, better hardware acceleration and better memory use. Windows 10 has lots of under-the-hood tune-ups that can boost your PC's overall speed and performance (especially compared to Win7 on identical hardware).  PLUS- the WDM Latency has really dropped off!

windows-version-buffer-tests-graph.png

See http://pcaudiolabs.com/windows-10-for-pro-audio/ for details...

Back to the OP problem, it sounds like a USB driver issue. Are all the motherboard hardware drivers updated for Windows 7?

I just went through the same thing.  Here's the response from the support ticket that fixed it:  

"wvolkmann Mar 8, 08:50 AM We may have found a fix. Please locate this file. This is the path to the interlock file: C:\ProgramData\Line 6\HelixInterlock • Right click/properties on that file. What are the Attributes? • Close the updater, delete HelixInterlock file and re-launch the app. Does it still fail? If so, what are the attributes of HelixInterlock fil

I found it in C:\Users\All Users\Line 6.  You may need admin privilege to right click and change the file attributes if it's read only.

Hope it works out.

You are an absolute treat. Worked in an instant.

Blessings upon thy homeland and kin!

• 9 months later...