NinoXHD

UX2 Possibly Malfunctioning?

I have a UX2 setup with an AT2035 microphone. The problem is that sometimes it will make me sound like I have a helium microphone. Everything suddenly gets high pitched and sounds wrong. I have found that it happens when I record in Audacity that it suddenly comes back sounding like I described. After that it completely starts sounding like that regardless of if it was sounding fine beforehand. I don't know what to do as this isn't a problem that should be happening. I appreciate any help. Thank you.

You might also try compiling Audacity to  support ASIO drivers and use the Line6 ASIO driver.

Okay I just came back to see these messages. Thank you for replying. It isn't just a problem in Audacity however. When I am communicating with friends they hear what I hear. Sometimes it'll work normally and suddenly revert. After unplugging the UX2 multiple times it eventually starts to function normally. 

FINALLY! someone is having my same problem! randomly my UX2 will lift my voice a couple octaves with no fix but a restart of my computer. I want to ask did this start happening after upgrading to windows 10? I was using windows 7 for years and never had the issue. I upgraded to windows 10 2 weeks ago and this problem now happens daily. I hope we can work together to find a solution.

Here is a video with a perfect example of what happens. https://youtu.be/CrL15rbv_X4?t=13s

• Upvote 2

any possible information on the problem? been having this issue for awhile. would love to work with someone to find a fix

Just came back to check on this post and unfortunately my problem seems to have changed into having my voice now become extremely deep. I have Windows 10 and that could be an issue but it was working for a period of time. I have no idea what to do here.

• Upvote 1

Just came back to check on this post and unfortunately my problem seems to have changed into having my voice now become extremely deep. I have Windows 10 and that could be an issue but it was working for a period of time. I have no idea what to do here.

Yes, the problem is windows 10. I have made many tests of switching back and forth between windows 7 and 10. the problem only occurs after I switch to 10. when in windows 7, no problem occurs. windows 10 seems to have an issue with USB devices. did u have windows 7 prior? I noticed the difference same day when I upgraded.

Yes, the problem is windows 10. I have made many tests of switching back and forth between windows 7 and 10. the problem only occurs after I switch to 10. when in windows 7, no problem occurs. windows 10 seems to have an issue with USB devices. did u have windows 7 prior? I noticed the difference same day when I upgraded.

I did have Windows 7 prior but I never used this setup with that OS. For whatever reason it will start working completely fine for a little bit and randomly start having this issue. It might be because of the creators update but I'm not sure.

Hi! I have the same problem! Everything I record sometimes will sound lower and slower. I tried different programs, Audacity, etc, and I still get the same problem. Sometimes it sounds fine, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes not even restarting the computer and unplugging stuff will help. I opened a topic and I explained what happened http://line6.com/support/topic/30739-slow-and-pitched-recordings-tone-direct/

and yes! I have Windows 10. And just a few days ago they released a version update that got my computer stuck too. The computer's fine now, I didn't lose any files or whatever.

Does anyone know how to fix it? I use my old Tone Direct with POD Farm 2

From what I've read on this, sometimes it works in Windows 10, sometimes it doesn't. I always advise that you never update/change your os if its working well. I've seen a few people say about running in windows compatibility mode  or rolling back updates until it works correctly

8 hours ago, Gaz_Ham said:

From what I've read on this, sometimes it works in Windows 10, sometimes it doesn't. I always advise that you never update/change your os if its working well. I've seen a few people say about running in windows compatibility mode  or rolling back updates until it works correctly

I had to update to windows 10 because of a new motherboard. i recently tried running it in windows 7 compatibility mode but it didn't fix it. 

I could only suggest trying a few different drivers. Other than that, hopefully someone more experienced will chime in

18 minutes ago, Gaz_Ham said:

I could only suggest trying a few different drivers. Other than that, hopefully someone more experienced will chime in

What drivers? iv read that it could be a sampling issue but i know discord and stuff run at 44k and 48k, and when i go into the windows proprieties for the ux2 it shows a 44k sample rate. so im not sure why the pitch gets really deep  

It's possible your sample rate gets changed by something. A quick Google says discord runs at 48k, maybe try that first. When i use podfarm stand-alone, my sample rate changes from what my usual settings are, and i get cracking and popping when recording, I just manually check when theres a problem. I don't know anything about discord, but sample rate could be the issue.

12 hours ago, Gaz_Ham said:

It's possible your sample rate gets changed by something. A quick Google says discord runs at 48k, maybe try that first. When i use podfarm stand-alone, my sample rate changes from what my usual settings are, and i get cracking and popping when recording, I just manually check when theres a problem. I don't know anything about discord, but sample rate could be the issue.

Wouldn't that mean tho that it only sounds that way with discord? because even if i use audacity it sounds all deep and weird