Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Daniele_gtr

I'm Interested in buying a Pod HD 500 X, but i didn't have the chance to try these tricks yet...
so I'm wondering if is it possible to create the following effects for use them live...

1 - Autofilter or High cut Filter Sweep, maybe assigning an Eq to the Exp Pedal??? ( example at 4:45

)
2 - Auto pan, and maybe set the speed with the tap/tempo???

... or do I need extra pedals, or tools?

Thanks for the reply.

but i'm looking for use these effects live. Sometimes i have to move to a gig by plane, so I can't carry too much stuff like a laptop and a audio interface, also because most of the times you don't have enough time to setup everything during the check

I would like to know if there's a way to emulate them via Pod or maybe adding some pedals.

As to the original video - 

4:45 can be done. But it is going to depend on what else you have going on. Meaning - each patch of the Pod is limited to 8 effects at one time. So, if you are adding other effects on top of it (distortion, delays, etc), you could be running into problems. 

Honestly, the 500 may not be the unit for you if that is what you need for and it is the only device you are using. That sort of effect is something that I would be running through an outboard computer that is sync'd up to the entire stage show.

As to the original video - 

4:45 can be done. But it is going to depend on what else you have going on. Meaning - each patch of the Pod is limited to 8 effects at one time. So, if you are adding other effects on top of it (distortion, delays, etc), you could be running into problems. 

Honestly, the 500 may not be the unit for you if that is what you need for and it is the only device you are using. That sort of effect is something that I would be running through an outboard computer that is sync'd up to the entire stage show.

Thanks for your reply, I think I would start from a tone with just distortion, delay and a bit of reverb (and maybe EQ if needed)... not too much effects as you can see.

Can you please explain me how to emulate that effect without a pc, please? Does exist a way?

Like you said, apply one (or more) or the many eq's (or other effects) to the exp pedal. 

The Pod's exp pedal can control many options at one time, even in opposite direction. And values don't need to run 0-100, you can apply random values like 24 to 61, or 98 to 87. So, unlike, let's say, a wah pedal, you have a much greater flexibility. 

I am hesitant to tell you exactly what to do because we don't know what your input source is, nor what you exactly want out of it. Meaning, a keyboard has many more tonal options than a guitar does before we even to changing them with outboard effects. And if we told you to add a tremolo to get that pop-pop-pop sound, you may not want that part. 

So, really, its all up to you. 

But, like I said, it is quite possible that the 500 is not the unit for you. 

The Pod's exp pedal can control many options at one time, even in opposite direction. And values don't need to run 0-100, you can apply random values like 24 to 61, or 98 to 87. So, unlike, let's say, a wah pedal, you have a much greater flexibility. 

I didn't know that...simply amazing!!

I think It would work for me

Thanks for the informations

But, like I said, it is quite possible that the 500 is not the unit for you. 

Well, I'm looking for a compact solution for live shows and rehearsals, not too much expensive and that sounds pretty well.

I've heard lot of samples from different pedalboards, and POD HD was the better one for me (at that price)

I play different genres of music: prog, ambient, pop, rock, death metal... i think the pod HD could be the right choice for his versatility.

Let's give it a chance  :)

It's a great unit. OTHERWISE I WOULDN'T HAVE ONE. 

But, IMO, depending on what one wants a machine to do, it may not be the best choice for them. 

For example... 

There's a lot of that sort of stuff on the Meg Myers album Sorry. If I was playing guitar (because, again, keyboards have a slew of options on their own) with her full time, and I needed one unit that did that kind of stuff, I would not have bought the pod. I would have gone with something else, or a combination of units. But since that show is all sync'd through a separate computer, the pod would be fine (even though it isn't needed at all). 

Even the videos that were previously posted, if that was my primary need for a unit, I would not have gone with the pod. Obviously, they work for it. It is just about what is most suitable.