Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XLR output on helix won't click in

tourultimate

Check the alignment of your pins.  If they are a little out (can be the result of having a slightly bent plug inserted before), generally a gentle push does no damage.

It is all mechanical - so generally - within sensible range, you should be able to get it to lock again.

Try another cable

This. 99% of every issue I've had with an XLR plug is that the little spring on the cable latch isn't pushing hard enough against the jack. I had a sound guy try and lollipop me out at a show because of my "crappy DI box" when it turned out a whole case of budget XLR cables he bought from Amazon all came without a spring in the latch.....

I have a similar issue.  In my case, the metal clip on the inside of the Helix output broke off inside my unit.  I am out of warranty so have not pursued getting it fixed.  Still works fine, just doesn't lock the XLR in. 

I have a similar issue.  In my case, the metal clip on the inside of the Helix output broke off inside my unit.  I am out of warranty so have not pursued getting it fixed.  Still works fine, just doesn't lock the XLR in.

In no way do I officially speak for Line 6. Nonetheless, Line 6's Helix Customer Service and Technical Support are World Class! You may wish to submit a Support Ticket to see how they suggest you proceed to repair the broken XLR jack clip. The worst they could say would be it is not covered under warranty.

• 5 weeks later...