Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT...Real ??

wcmexbm

I would say this is real.

Taken from the latest driver's inf:

ClassName       = "Helix"
USB\VID_0E41&PID_4241.DeviceDesc="Line 6 Helix"
USB\VID_0E41&PID_4242.DeviceDesc="Line 6 Helix Rack"
USB\VID_0E41&PID_4244.DeviceDesc="Line 6 Helix LT"
PodHD2.DeviceDesc="Line 6 Helix"

Not enough of a price difference as far as I'm concerned. I've been looking for a backup for my Helix (not necessarily another Helix) and I got pretty stoked when I saw it, then I saw it's only $500 difference....I can usually finagle discounts at GC to get the full deal with an extended warranty for $150-$200 more than the street price of this thing, and the lower the price the less money the same % discount is worth...if it came in at $800 or $750 I'd probably have already ordered one. 

Not enough of a price difference as far as I'm concerned. I've been looking for a backup for my Helix (not necessarily another Helix) and I got pretty stoked when I saw it, then I saw it's only $500 difference....I can usually finagle discounts at GC to get the full deal with an extended warranty for $150-$200 more than the street price of this thing, and the lower the price the less money the same % discount is worth...if it came in at $800 or $750 I'd probably have already ordered one.

Yup. $1K is a psychological hurdle, for the most part...but a hurdle nonetheless. Now it's probably worth every penny, as is it's big brother, but the $500 demographic is gonna have a hard time with a thousand dollar product, no matter how good it is.

I guess I don't see what market this is for unless its supposed just be a direct competitor for the Headrush nobody has really seen yet. The Helix has SO MANY MORE FEATURES than the AX8 with a minimal upscale in price, and the Amplifire 12 is still priced below $1000. Whatever, maybe I'll get a sweet manager coupon and snag one anyways.

Demo by Line 6 is on youtube.   

Does Helix do this (performance mode)???

https://youtu.be/zWMnHVsU2NU?t=2m33s

You don't need performance mode on Helix Floor, because you have scribble strips.

BUT... for those who opt to not get Control (which you should get, I promise you), it would be nice to have it on the Rack, wouldn't it!

You don't need performance mode on Helix Floor, because you have scribble strips.

BUT... for those who opt to not get Control (which you should get, I promise you), it would be nice to have it on the Rack, wouldn't it!

Makes sense, thanks

I've been in the market for something tiny I can put in my living room w/headphones and a spare guitar so when the urge strikes, I can just pick it up and practice or follow the tune in my head without having to go up three floors to the attic where my actual Helix and everything else is.

Man ... if they could make something even smaller, no expression pedal, no need for all the outputs - really just need headphones, USB, and guitar-in, that would be a minimalist unit and still allow me to import my regular Helix patches and I'd be a happy dude. Make it $400-$700 and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I've been in the market for something tiny I can put in my living room w/headphones and a spare guitar so when the urge strikes, I can just pick it up and practice or follow the tune in my head without having to go up three floors to the attic where my actual Helix and everything else is.

Man ... if they could make something even smaller, no expression pedal, no need for all the outputs - really just need headphones, USB, and guitar-in, that would be a minimalist unit and still allow me to import my regular Helix patches and I'd be a happy dude. Make it $400-$700 and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

you want a Helix bean is what you want. That would be kinda cool.

Yes! I really wouldn't even need "edit" capability or a screen as long as I can load the patches I created on my big Helix and scroll through them.

Edit: I would like it heavy though - I can't stand when things move around on the table when even a light draft comes through. Good and solid with rubber feet and about 5+ pounds or so would be perfect. :)

Does anyone else feel cheated with the release of the LT?

Why - The Helix has stuff I don't use (which are not present in the LT). Could've saved myself 400 USD?

Not at all. I would have been mad the other way around: bought an LT and the Floor model came out after for $500 more. I love the scribble strips and the tank construction. 

Not at all, in fact I'm pretty pleased about it. Not because I plan on getting an LT but because if it makes Helix accessible to more people and grows the user base then it stands to reason that Line 6's commitment to the platform will will remain stronger for longer. That's good for everyone!

• Upvote 1

Looks good to me. A cheaper deal for those who don't need the extra fx loops, scribble strips etc.

I'd always want the higher end original version, but many may not.

For one horrible moment I thought Line 6 had introduced a new, improved version of my (just over) one year old pride and joy!

For one horrible moment I thought Line 6 had introduced a new, improved version of my (just over) one year old pride and joy!

They did just introduce a new improved version... in a free firmware update!

• Upvote 1

Why - The Helix has stuff I don't use (which are not present in the LT). Could've saved myself 400 USD?

At first, I kinda panicked – I just bought my Helix floor a few weeks ago, and they’ve already released a new model with the same processing power and audio quality, but at a significantly lower price?! However, after looking at the specs and reading about the differences, I’m no longer doubting my my purchase!  I love my Helix!

Wrote up my thinking on this at my blog: http://www.planetz.com/new-helix-lt-announced

-John 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the upcoming Helix Native offer something like this?

All you need is some kind of basic audio interface or guitar to USB cable and with Native on your laptop you have the portable, minimalist unit you seek.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the upcoming Helix Native offer something like this?

All you need is some kind of basic audio interface or guitar to USB cable and with Native on your laptop you have the portable, minimalist unit you seek.

yup. Indeed. You'd have to use it with a computer obviously, but yes.

I am happy to see this direction...   While the price point to me is in the "for a few hundred more, you get a Helix"...   I see a LOT of potential here especially when they start showing up used or with some sale or discount attached (much like the Helix itself).

1.  Right off the bat... a backup.   I've posted this since the start.  If I was gigging, I think I'd either have a Helix Rack or likely just a 2nd Helix at the ready.  This LT unit would make an excellent backup as well.  Useful for backing up more than just the Helix if needed too, but not as pricey.

2.  A complete re-think...   If I spent more time in the studio, and just some time gigging, I might just opt for the Rack in the studio and the LT for gigging.    As it is, even the Helix in the studio with the LT for gigging isn't a bad idea.

3.  Now I'm not sure how a novice to the Helix family would fair, but I could totally see just using the Helix DAW plugin in the studio, and then just the LT for gigging.

The bottom line seems to be if you like the core technology (modeling engine and such) from the Helix family, you can now get whatever size I/O fits your needs.  This is really forward thinking.  

Well done Line 6