Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

squeak Squeak SQUEAK

timmyo

There was mention of an imminent official line on the approved way to fix the pedal squeak - did we ever see that?

Mine is ridiculously loud and I am keen to not void the warranty...

No one is ever going to know the difference if you put a small amount of silicon grease on the squeaky pedal... especially if you don't announce to the world that you've done it. ;)

Get a small bottle of TriFlow. It comes with an thin applicator tube. One drop will be all you need on the Bolt. TriFlow also will not attract any dust, grime, nor dirt. Highly recommended.

And, I have not yet seen any official posting from Line 6 as was originally mentioned several weeks ago. I am confident it will be forthcoming.

I had a bottle of 3-In-One silicone lubricant kicking around the house when mine started to sound like a dying cat.  I don't use anything other than silicone around plastic.  I put a small drop of this stuff in a bottle cap, then loosened the pedal pivot bolt enough to get some lateral movement in the pedal.  I then dipped the end of a paper clip into the drop, and gently rubbed it around the plastic washers, then re-tightened the bolt to my preferred tension.  About 10 back and forth sweeps of the pedal later, the noise was gone, and it hasn't come back since.  Note that I used barely ANY of this stuff, just enough to wet the end of the paper clip.  Too much can get into the electronics or attract dust.  Less is more.

post-2481133-0-76232500-1491868357_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I eventually got some of this :  (as I'm in the UK and don't think the exact products mentioned above are easily available) and it did the job perfectly. As others had, I loosened the adjustment bolt right off and used the long thin applicator to spray a tiny amount on the bolt shaft.

Silence reigns :-) 

51s6AA5%2BW4L._SL1024_.jpg

I eventually got some of this :  (as I'm in the UK and don't think the exact products mentioned above are easily available) and it did the job perfectly. As others had, I loosened the adjustment bolt right off and used the long thin applicator to spray a tiny amount on the bolt shaft.

Silence reigns :-) 

51s6AA5%2BW4L._SL1024_.jpg

Yes that stuff did the job for me too.

BTW there are no electronics beneath the pedal so I wouldn't worry about spraying a small amount in there.

Craig

• 9 months later...