Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cubase

cirv908

hi I download cubase but my Pc doesn't recognise my spider V when I open cubase . Is it necessary to have a sound card to use it? Is there an user guide to start with cubase and my spider please ?

No sound card needed. Just correctly setting, you can start recording. Spider V included audio interface by itself.

But I found some issues when trying to record Distortion solo with delay & reverb. Sound is not clear at all. I have to turn off Delay & Reverb, and use plug in (amp simulator) to mix up instead.

By the way, I just got BIAS FX Desktop Standard for 59$.

Is there any one know how to record by using both Spider V and BIAS plug in? As I tried, BIAS FX's sound not came out when start Recording in Cubase. Only Spider V sound is recorded.

• 1 year later...

You'll be provided a download access code to use at MySteinberg. https://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg/my_products.html   
Click on "Create account" if you don't already have one and then provide the download code in the "Register eLicenser / Sofware & Enter Download Access Code" field.

You'll then unlock and receive a separate "activation code" from Steinberg to use.    The version you'll actually install is:  Cubase LE AI Elements, I'm on version 9.5.41.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well... This has been quite an ordeal, but none of it is the fault of Line 6 or Steinberg.  I obtained the access code from Line 6 and installed Cubase Elements 10 along with the license manager and download manager.  (You get three programs from Steinberg)   Cubase did not seem to work, and to make matters worse, the Spider Remote program failed to work correctly, when it had worked fine before.  After trying everything else I could think of I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10.  Reinstalled Spider Remote, the Asio drivers, and the three programs from Steinberg, and everything works now.  I needed to email Steinberg support to get a helper file to reset the license manager, and get a fresh activation code.  I think the problem was related to the way that Win 10 manages USB.  Excellent support from Line 6 and Steinberg. 

• 1 month later...

Line 6 provided a Steinberg/Cubase link and pass code when I registered my Spider V 120 on this site recently. I followed the link, was prompted by Steinberg to register/create an account but the site was impervious to any attempt to register/create an acct. I would've reached out to Steinberg about the issue, but one needs to be registered to contact support....Eyes Rolling. What's funny is that years ago I was offered free Cubase with a completely different product; at that time I experienced the 20th century version not accessing the technology. I'll do other things with my time rather than pursue this in 2019. A waste of time.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

So, today i finally decide to activate my code, which one i got from the Spider V MKII 30watt registration, and suddenly i've realised, that i can activate even up to cubase 11 le edition. So, i have no ideas guys, what's wrong with your way/codes. Everuthing works well, as must be

• 2 months later...

Hello,

what are your different sound settings for recording with the Spider V USB ?

I tried it, but it sounds horrible to me. No modelling, such transistor sound.

My UX2 with Pod Farm semms to sound better.

Are there any tipps to create better sounding?

Thanx