Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Different Colours for footswitches

Pappenheim

Hi everybody, I got my Helix two weeks ago and I customized a few very good sounds for myself.

In the Stomp mode, the foot switches-rings have different colors for each effect. Can I change the color of the light ring of the individual foot switches individually in also the preset mode? For example, on Bank 1 I have created 4 custom presets: 1A = Clean, 1B = Clean FX, 1C = Crunch FX and 1D = Lead. At 1A I would like to have yellow, at 1B orange, at 1C blue and at 1D red. Is this possible and if so how can I do this? In the manual I've only seen settings for global settings, nothing for individual.

Thx and greetz from Austria :)

Well, maybe it is because I am in the Preset-Mode and NOT in the - lollipop I dont know: snapshot-mode?

You will need to be in some configuration of the Helix that shows snapshots on the footswitches to see the custom color you selected. You can get into Snapshot mode by pressing the BANK Up and BANK Down footswitches simultaneously.

Many people opt to set up their pedalboard with an option that always shows the snapshots on the footswitches by default rather than using the above method. You can set that preference with the 'Preset Mode Switches' parameter under 'Global Settings'  >  'Footswitches'.  Just select any of the options with "Snap" in the title or select "8 Snapshots".  Any of those settings should set the snapshots to display on either the bottom, top, or both rows of footswitches by default. 

From the Helix manual:

By default, Preset footswitch mode displays eight presets (four on each row). Choose from "8 Presets," "Preset/Stomp" (one bank of presets on the top row, switches from stomp mode on the bottom row), "Stomp/Preset" (switches from stomp mode on the top row, one bank of presets on the bottom row), "Preset/Snap" (one bank of presets on the top row, Snapshots 1-4 on the bottom row), "Snap/Preset" (Snapshots 1-4 on the top row, one bank of presets on the bottom row), "Snap/Stomp" (Snapshots 1-4 on the top row, switches from stomp mode on the bottom row), "Stomp/Snap" (switches from stomp mode on the top row, Snapshots 1-4 on the bottom row), and "8 Snapshots" (Snapshots 1-8).

Oke, I tried to go in some snapshot-mode, this is where it works, okay so far. But this is not, what I want. I prepared my presets for the 8-preset-mode; so obviously I have to accept that a change of the footswitch-colours in this mode (my preferential mode) is unfortunately not possible...  :(

Oke, I tried to go in some snapshot-mode, this is where it works, okay so far. But this is not, what I want. I prepared my presets for the 8-preset-mode; so obviously I have to accept that a change of the footswitch-colours in this mode (my preferential mode) is unfortunately not possible...  :(

You may want to give the Preset/Snap or Snap/Preset mode a try some time. This will give you four presets and four snapshots on the top/bottom row. It may not be ideal for you but it will give you instant access to four presets and four snapshots as well. 

Indeed. It's not a comedy and I am a drama-queen.

Although it should not be such an effort to make this possible during the next update.

Lol... Well, admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery...  :) 

I agree, though, it would be a nice feature.

• 3 years later...

Hi all, I have HX Stomp with update 3.00 (and XH Edit 3.00) and on HX Stomp there is no functionality in menu to change colors of footswitches, but in HX Edit there it is, in command center, but not working (if you choose any color, footswitch is still grey), but, I found soluton:
1. you need to export preset in HX Edit
2. edit exported *.hlx file (it is in JSON format so you can edit it in any text editor for example notepad++)
3. there are fields like "@fs_ledcolor" : 462860
that number 462860 is color "grey", if you want "red" color, then chenge it to 16711683.
I haven't got list of all colors but maybe I will update that list there soon.
4. save *.hlx file
5. import this file in HX Edit

Next tip: there is the same problem with changing labels for footswitches, but solution is the same, but change field: "@fs_label" : "Note"
Change "Note" to any text you want.

But i hope that developers of HX Stomp and HX Edit will fix this issue in next update ;) Thank you Line6 :)

UPDATE: Bad news, I noticed, that fs_ledcolor changes led color only until the footswitch is pressed. Then, comes back to default grey color :( so it is not solution...
UPDATE 2: Good news, fs_label remains setted after footswitch press :)

• Thanks 1