Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

When will it ship?

katerlouis

I preordered 6 weeks ago and am shaking, because I heard release is "early spring" – well; it's early spring!

Does anyone know specifics? My retailer said he expects it to come in June!

June!! :O

Never, under any circumstances, should you believe a word a retailer says. Not even "hello". Half the time they can't reliably tell how many units of a given product are already in the building, never mind when something new might show up. This rule applies to everything from tennis shoes to monster trucks.

"...because retail clerks seem to need 'special help'..."

- George Carlin ;)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

My retailer just informed me that Line6 says June changed to August?What is going on here Line6?Or does anybody else know something bout this?

No idea where they are, but I do know this:

Don't believe anything a retailer says... not even "hello". All retailers are full of $hit, 24/7/365. They don't actually know when anything is going to arrive, no matter what they tell you. Various times over the years I've been told some in-demand "Product X" won't arrive for months, only to have it show up days later. Half the time they don't even know what they have in the building already, unless they can actually see the item you're asking for from where they're standing. Mostly they just want you off the phone or out of the store, UNLESS a sale is imminent. Then they're your best friend...

In the case of orders for which you've left a deposit but the item has yet to arrive, they care even less because that sale is technically over, and God only knows what fairy tale they'll concoct. But regardless, no matter who's fault it is, or where the merchandise is currently spending it's weekends, it's extraordinarily unlikely that anyone who actually knows the answer will be sharing it here.

• 1 month later...

I spoke to Line6 Germany on the phone, they confirmed the delivery-date of 8.8.2017 for Europe.

Not only is there no guitar in my hands right now, but the product has been deleted from the website entirely.

Did anybody here catch something to shed some light into this thing?

I spoke to Line6 Germany on the phone, they confirmed the delivery-date of 8.8.2017 for Europe.

Not only is there no guitar in my hands right now, but the product has been deleted from the website entirely.

Did anybody here catch something to shed some light into this thing?

The Shuriken hasn't been deleted from the website... Not sure where you're getting that.

http://line6.com/variax-modeling-guitars/shuriken/

It does look like if you click the Products link at the top of the forum part of the page, the Shuriken link is missing. But it shows up everywhere else.

Please excuse the misunderstanding. I failed to specify that the product has been deleted from the online store of the two biggest online retailers in Germany, Thomann and Musicstore. Two days ago both still showed the product with "available 8.8.2017" (in Thomanns case) and "ships 27.8.2017" (Musicstore) – 

I just want to know what is going on and when I can expect to get a Shuriken.

Please excuse the misunderstanding. I failed to specify that the product has been deleted from the online store of the two biggest online retailers in Germany, Thomann and Musicstore. Two days ago both still showed the product with "available 8.8.2017" (in Thomanns case) and "ships 27.8.2017" (Musicstore) – 

I just want to know what is going on and when I can expect to get a Shuriken.

If you check "Shuriken Guitars" on Facebook there is a bit of info there - basically something about the CITES procedure (rosewood imports) and that delivery in Europe is expected by mid-September. But someone with Shuriken on order from Thomann also said there that he got an update from Thomann recently - delivery Oct 31 :(

Hard to understand these delays when there are Shurikens available in stock in US (Sweetwater). But I also understand that the European eshops decided to pull the product from there webpage since the distributor is evidently unable to provide a reliable delivery date. 

Never believe anything a retailer says, not even "hello"...especially if you've placed an order and they already have your money. Even if you don't technically "pay" for an item until it ships, as far as they're concerned, the sale is already complete. Expected arrival dates are a fantasy. They don't know when they're getting anything, and (mostly)

they don't care.

Never believe anything a retailer says, not even "hello"...especially if you've placed an order and they already have your money. Even if you don't technically "pay" for an item until it ships, as far as they're concerned, the sale is already complete. Expected arrival dates are a fantasy. They don't know when they're getting anything, and (mostly)

they don't care.

We got your point, cruisinon ;)

Thing is: I also talked to Line6, where they confirmed the 8.8. as delivery date– This is what upsets me. All I want is reliable information I can work with– being put of from date to date to date is not only annoying, but very unprofessional in my opinion.