Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Rack not connecting with Dell I15 with Windows 10 - Edit, my Helix is updated! :)

Gone_Shootin

Ive tried several different methods that I've found on the forums, FAQs, Knowledge Base, ect, and I cannot for the life of me get my Helix Rack to connect to my laptop. I went into the device manager and it shows the Helix in several places, as it should, but the Updater says that the transmitter failed, no matter if I try having the Helix on and plugged into a USB port before I power up the computer, or if I plug the Helix in while the computer is already on, or whatever. I went through the device manager and right clicked on the helix in each place it was listed and clicked on the "update driver" option. I made sure that the computer was set to automatically update drivers. But if I go into "this PC", it doesn't show the Helix at all. I did a global reset too, no joy.

My Helix is still running version 1.06.5, do I have to maybe use an earlier updater and do the updates in order, or should jumping ahead to the current version 2.20 work?

Also, I've read that Helix units don't get along with some USB hubs. When I was looking around in the device manager, it appears that this laptop has nothing but hubs. Could that also be one of my problems?

Thanks in advance. :)

I guess the first questions to ask are,

1. Have you been able to connect to the Helix with another computer?

2. Can you connect a basic USB drive to the Dell and get that to work?

3. You said you say the Helix was seen in the device manager, but are there any yellow triangles appearing with those helix items?  Are there yellow triangles any where in your Device Manager related to USB?

Take a look at this thread.  Don't know of this will help

http://line6.com/support/topic/26545-helix-not-connecting-to-pc/?hl=usb

1. I tried an earlier editor and it did work and I used it to backup my presets before I did the factory reset. But even then, I couldn't get the updated to connect, no matter what I try I get the transmitter error. So I have gotten it to connect before. That what has me wondering if I need to do the updates in order?

2. Yes, I can connect anything​ else with no problems. A thumb drive, an external hard drive, my phone, ect.

No, I didn't see any yellow alert triangles.

Thanks.

You definitely need to have the same Helix application and Updater that matches your Helix Firmware.  I believe the correct device driver gets downloaded with the Helix app.  They're all available in the support section going back to the first releases.

Tried that, doesn't work (app version 1.04 is the correct one for my firmware version). And the instructions for the next step up (v1.12) says to install it and update the Helix with it. I still get the transmitter error with either of these versions, and this is when I uninstall drivers and everything, and install the entire bundle which has the corresponding driver. Still doesn't work.

I'm tempted to get an Ethernet to USB adapter to see if that works, because I'm pretty well convinced that it's the @$*** USB ports on my laptop. And no, I don't have a regular desktop at this time that is up to snuff, unless I try to reserrect my old Compaq that, IIRC, has either Windows Vista or XP on it.

The laptop being "full of hubs" is normal. When hubs are discouraged it is the external ones being talked about. I had some issues with maintaining connections and it was the fault of a Realtek audio driver, disabled it and things went well and maintained connection.

Thanks for all the help, folks, I really appreciate it!

I got the chance to use another computer today and it worked perfectly. I was able to update from the Updater and it couldn't have been easier. Sitting down right now to play around with the new features (quite a jump from 1.06.5 to 2.20.0).

Thanks again!