Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 A/B channel and POD HD500

dredd66

Hello, first: please forgive my mistakes in your language... I'm Italian and I didn't study English at school so....

Anyway... I have a question: I use my DT25 head during gigs as a normal amplifier, with HD500 as stomp boxes chain with no amp simulated, using front input and shifting from A to B channel with external footswitch when I have to change from rhythmic parts to solos.

I'd like to do the same (A/B shift) using DT link, because I think this could give me best results from my DT25. I tried but I couldn't find the way!!!

I mean: suppose I'm using the A channel of my DT25 with AC30 TB PRE on my HD500 (all connected via DT link), I would like to use B channel with the same HD500 amp settings of A channel (just a little more volume to solo). How do I have to set my HD500 to do this? Is it possible?

Sure, you can do that. If I remember right, when you setup a FS on the 500 to turn the amp block on and off, the DT amp will toggle between Channel A(amp block ON) and Channel B (amp block OFF). If you want to duplicate your setup where you are going into the front of the DT, you will need to move the amp block to the end of the chain. The System Link is one way.

IF you want set which effects are before and after the amp model, you will need to use the amp models in the POD....Anything you use on channel B over system link puts the amp model in the DT last in the chain.

You could setup a dual tone patch where you have each amp in the POD set like you were using on the DT...You then setup a FS button to toggle between the amp models in the POD and the DT stays on channel A all the time using the POD settings. You can do exactly what you are wanting in the POD itself...might make life a little easier than using Channel B

Here I am!

Uhm.... I tried all your suggestions but the problem persists! When I connect my FS to the amp and I choose a dual amp solution on POD HD500 and I have the A amp selected, all seems to work right, with amp on B channel not working! OK!! But when I switch on B channel both amps are working and I can hear an annoying by-passed amp sound! (Note that I set to zero the by-pass volume for both amps on my POD)

I tried also the following solution, but the situation doen't change 😳 (I link a video so you can see what I did)

Oh!! In this case, I when I switch to B amp, A amp stops working (it becomes black on the screen) but what i hear is a by-passed amp sound! Why???

Here I am!

Uhm.... I tried all your suggestions but the problem persists! When I connect my FS to the amp and I choose a dual amp solution on POD HD500 and I have the A amp selected, all seems to work right, with amp on B channel not working! OK!! But when I switch on B channel both amps are working and I can hear an annoying by-passed amp sound! (Note that I set to zero the by-pass volume for both amps on my POD)

I tried also the following solution, but the situation doesn't change (I link a video so you can see what I did)

Oh!! In this case, I when I switch to B amp, A amp stops working (it becomes black on the screen) but what i hear is a by-passed amp sound! Why???

The HD500 binds to the DT channel A amp only when using L6 link.  Even with a dual amp setup in the HD500, the DT power section will only link to the model in channel A.  By using your separate FS to physically change channels in the DT on top of whatever you have in the HD500 you are essentially disconnecting the DT power section when you switch to channel B.

Stop using the FS when you have L6 link.  Let the HD500 do all the work for you.  Leave your DT set on channel A and do everything with the HD500 over L6 link.  Plus you get access to ALL the amp models, not just the 2 channels the DT has and it saves all your knob positions for you.

+1 on stop using the amp FS....what in the heck are you doing? lol! I am not sure you understood my post...sorry about that...maybe I used too much shorthand...

You need to program one of the footswitches (FS) on the 500 to enable and disable the amp model...that is all....

when you disable the amp model in the 500, the DT will change from channel A (AMP on) to channel B (AMP off)...

I agree with radatats that you can do everything in the 500...the amp disable (channel B) is kinda neat for having a goto tone...but it is really just a novelty IMO...I never found it useful because the system link is one-way and channel B cannot leverage post FX other than reverb...and all the post effects on the patch that are after the amp model turn into pre FX...I am sure it can be used for some things, but I would that limited.

+1 on stop using the amp FS....what in the heck are you doing? lol! I am not sure you understood my post...sorry about that...maybe I used too much shorthand...

Thanx for you reply and for your help, 1st of all!!!

I think you're right but... I have to translate it all in my language and, believe me, it's not easy, since I'm not used to speak English... (I'd like to do it because I love that language but it's not easy here :)... and I studied French at school!!)

Anyway... let me translate correctly your post and I'll try again on saturday!!!