Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix as pedalboard with Marshall JCM2000 dsl50

MarkDonatelli

I want to use My helix with my JCM2000. When I connect just to front of amp with helix 1/4 out mono, the sound of the marshall becomes low and the gain channel has almost NO GAIN.....I then tried the 4 cable method through the loop. The sound became louder and clearer but the gain channel had absolutely NO GAIN....Any advice???

I want to use My helix with my JCM2000. When I connect just to front of amp with helix 1/4 out mono, the sound of the marshall becomes low and the gain channel has almost NO GAIN.....I then tried the 4 cable method through the loop. The sound became louder and clearer but the gain channel had absolutely NO GAIN....Any advice???

It sound sleek the problem is that you're not sending the right signal levels to and from the Marshall.

if you are wanting to put Helix in front of the amp input and use it just for Pre-amp FX then you'll need to set Helix 1/4in outs to" Instrument" - make sure the Helix volume knob is turned up to maximum or you'll be sending a very small signal to the Marshall (hence no gain).  The Marshal Master volume is the one you'll use to set your level.

If you are wanting to use it in 4cm then you'll want to make sure the Send/Return blocks are set for "Instrument", and also the 1/4in out needs to be "Instrument" as well.   I think the way the Marshall works it's MV is pre the FX loop, so in this case you need to set the Marshall MV fairy high (maybe 8) and leave it there ALL the time.  You will then use your Helix volume knob as your Master volume.   That's how it worked with my Marshall JCM800 4210 anyhow.