Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD500X causing crash in Reaper

Onomatopoeia

Follow the video on this website and things should get better.

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207355205-Optimising-your-PC-for-Audio-on-Windows-10%C2%A0

Make sure to disable System sounds in Windows as this will crash the operating system in the event of an alert pop up box or an illegal operation. Asio driver don't like to play with another sound driver.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. For my part, I consider that this kind of alternative is too risky and too cumbersome (disable antivirus - stop net connection, etc). It seems to me that line 6 should have made drivers of qualities. It's a shame, but I will never buy their products again.

Troll here didn't read the problem resolved and as usual it is the O/S in the PC and getting Win 10 running great for Audio.

But rather pretends he is the OP and makes his blaming conclusion and Damnation intended as a smear campaign.

Win 10 is relatively new and it takes time for manufacturers to catch up with drivers.

This includes all the parts of a PC. Line 6 is not at fault and it is only an apparency,

I run Win 10 on an old i7 and have had no probs from the get go.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I have quite new a nice machine I also record in Reaper. I use HD500X via USB.

I have had similar issues. I did everything I found on forums (windows optyzmiastion), along with reinstall of windows. Still suffered from random crashes. I get me so pissed that I even started to think to stop recording music.

Finally I started to work by myslef and used self powered USB HUB, it helped a bit but problem was still there. After all I decided to try another USB interface (focusrite) all my problems are gone...everything works like a charm.

What comes to me after all of this (nearly two years...) that POD is good for gigging and practicing, but it is not stuff for recording - when time will come for new equpiment I know that L6 is not part of the deal.

BEST REGARDS

Seasonal

• 3 months later...
On 5/25/2017 at 5:41 PM, bjnette said:

Win 10 is relatively new and it takes time for manufacturers to catch up with drivers.

This includes all the parts of a PC. Line 6 is not at fault and it is only an apparency,

Whose job is it to build Line 6 drivers for windows 10?

Whose job is it to make sure Line 6 hardware works with windows 10. Practically every major effects processor/modeler manufacturer (Fractal, Headrush, Kemper, Avid's Eleven rack, etc) have drivers that work with Windows 10 without blue screening frequently except Line 6. 

So if it takes time for them to catch up, how do you explain a 3 year deficiency in driver development? The most recent update to the Line 6 driver suite (4.2.7.6) for the Pod HD Pro was in 2015:

The mere fact that this post has to be approved by a moderator proves that they are trying to salvage a hemorrhaging userbase by making sure anyone who searches for this kind of thing never sees responses like this.

Edited by mikey_mike
Inserted link to v4.2.7.6 announcement post.

17 hours ago, mikey_mike said:

The mere fact that this post has to be approved by a moderator proves that they are trying to salvage a hemorrhaging userbase by making sure anyone who searches for this kind of thing never sees responses like this.

Hmmm, then how are we seeing responses like this?

Actually when a user posts for the 1st time it requires approval  as a way to filter spam. Other than violating Terms of Use, Line6 really does not censor posts.

I've done home recording with various hardware and OS'es for decades.  There will always be something that crashes at some point.  Saying Line6 is sub-par and everything else works fine is naive at best.  I know it can be frustrating and eventually you'll see it happen with another piece of hardware, driver, or software.  No need to take your frustrations out on us.  This is a user forum not an official Line6 Tech support forum.  We're customers too and will try our best to help other people.

2 hours ago, Triryche said:

Actually when a user posts for the 1st time it requires approval  as a way to filter spam. Other than violating Terms of Use, Line6 really does not censor posts.

Drive by most likely...Probably a competitor...They always put that kind of garbage in their first post.

1 hour ago, spaceatl said:

Drive by most likely...Probably a competitor...They always put that kind of garbage in their first post.

I own at least 4 Line 6 products (totaling over $1600 dollars) you can see it right in my profile. I've been a user for a VERY long time. I purchased my POD XT in 2006 on December 10th. I use a POD XT PRO in my live rig and a POD HD PRO at home along with my XT. I can provide pictures of all my gear with proof that I own it, all you have to do is ask.

My frustration with Line 6 started when they stole my money. I have complete proof of this but nothing ever has come of it. They literally DO NOT care.

4 hours ago, Triryche said:

For the record my original post was edited. Here is what it looked like, I took a screenshot before posting it for this VERY reason. 

edit.thumb.png.b170fe4b05af995be1b198d0cecefc98.png

For those of you who care, I purchased an add-on pack for my POD XT during a discounted cost promotional deal. I would NEVER have purchased the pack if it wasn't on sale. The entire REASON I bought it was because it was on sale. When I ordered it I noticed I was charged FULL PRICE. They refused to even start the refund process until Tuesday even though the sale happened on the 22nd and the promotional was occurring over the weekend AS STATED BY THEIR OWN EMAIL. Monday happened to also be Memorial day. I wonder how many people ordered model packs with the hopes of getting that discount during that spurious "WEEKEND FLASH SALE" and ended up getting charged full price and Line 6 never refunded them.

So you might say, this is completely off topic and has nothing to do with blue screening POD HD's. You're right, but it is EXTREMELY relevant when there are accusations of me being something I'm not. Meanwhile I sit on a mountain of proof that Line 6 stole from me AND hasn't done ANY DRIVER DEVELOPMENT in 3 years.

L6-1.thumb.png.a77c0663f29051f4403767577b5e9424.pngL6-2.thumb.png.f028a4d7336e6050571ab009e69bec37.pngL6-3.thumb.png.339f694e752c8faafd2f9118815890bf.png

So there's my proof.

Want to save a userbase that is jumping ship left and right to Kemper and Fractal? Start treating them better. Care about the drivers you release.

Hey dumbass, this is NOT Line6 Tech Support.  This is customers helping each other.  We are customers too.  Stop taking out your frustrations on us and just go the lollipop away.  You're obviously too stupid to be helped.

4 hours ago, joel_brown said:

Hey dumbass, this is NOT Line6 Tech Support.  This is customers helping each other.  We are customers too.  Stop taking out your frustrations on us and just go the lollipop away.  You're obviously too stupid to be helped.

Please I've never even spoken with you but you have repeatedly said this. I'm not attacking anyone. Please stop attacking me.

• 1 year later...

OK .. I struggled A LONG TIME with my Pod HD500X and my laptop.  My laptop is an HP Spectre i7.  A VERY nice laptop but only has USB-C ports.  Here's the thing.  2 of the ports are USB/Lightning ports and one is just USB-C.  If I plug my Pod into the dedicated USB-C port, it works without popping and crackling.  

I had always had my USB-C monitor plugged into that port because it's the more dedicated laptop charging port as well (and my monitor supplies 65W of USB-C power).  Plug the HD500X into that port and it works fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

Same problem here.

It used to happen with my old desktop.

Now i just bought a new laptop (I5 9th / 8GB RAM / GTX1650 / HD SSD 480) and bluescreen has showed up in the first 5 min of tests.

ps: sorry if I've written something wrong, english is not my main language. Im brazilian.