Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV 89 brain transplanted - HELP! Now it's a Variax Standard??

Hi all

I had to have my lovely JTV 89 serviced and they effectively had to replace the digital board inside - its 'brain' so to speak.

Now when I connect to Line 6 Monkey its coming up as a Variax Standard?!

I am assuming the board put in is a new Standard chipset but it means I CANNOT ROLL BACK FIRMWARE TO 1.9 or ANY of the builds I was accustomed to??

Also all the tunings are weird and the drop tunings on the low string have an unpleasant warble. Additionally the modelled guitars are VERY quiet compared to the Variax Mags...

Please help me make the best of the situation!

Cheers

PS I have a glorious Helix and am connecting via the VDI cable for all and now use Workbench HD through the Helix

Have a great day Line6ers!

Hi all

I had to have my lovely JTV 89 serviced and they effectively had to replace the digital board inside - its 'brain' so to speak.

Now when I connect to Line 6 Monkey its coming up as a Variax Standard?!

I am assuming the board put in is a new Standard chipset but it means I CANNOT ROLL BACK FIRMWARE TO 1.9 or ANY of the builds I was accustomed to??

Also all the tunings are weird and the drop tunings on the low string have an unpleasant warble. Additionally the modelled guitars are VERY quiet compared to the Variax Mags...

Please help me make the best of the situation!

Cheers

PS I have a glorious Helix and am connecting via the VDI cable for all and now use Workbench HD through the Helix

Have a great day Line6ers!

Take it back and demand a correct board be installed...