Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Input routing

Shadowrunner

Hi there. I'm having an issue with input routing, specifically the spdif. I have my computer sound going through hdmi to my TV, then out from there to my helix, and out to my monitors via xlr. With my amp off, there's no issue. However, when I turn it on, my monitors are still going, but now I'm hearing everything coming out of my cab, as well. I've been doing this almost since I bought the Helix with a dedicated pass-through path and it's worked fine. Has there been some change in the 2.20 firmware that changes how this works?

My first suspicion is the global settings. Part of the firmware update process is a global reset which may have set something back to its default value, which you had previously changed. You now may need to set it back to what it was before the update.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I'm having an issue with input routing, specifically the spdif. I have my computer sound going through hdmi to my TV, then out from there to my helix, and out to my monitors via xlr. With my amp off, there's no issue. However, when I turn it on, my monitors are still going, but now I'm hearing everything coming out of my cab, as well. I've been doing this almost since I bought the Helix with a dedicated pass-through path and it's worked fine. Has there been some change in the 2.20 firmware that changes how this works?

I was having a similar problem using spdif into my 2 notes vb101.   Everything was showing up on the vb101 level meters (even playback from youtube) I changed the routing out of the end of my signal path to XLR out instead of multi.  That fixed it for me.