Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are the speakers inside DT series neutral ?

hichembell

What kind of speakers are the selection inside the DT series ??

Im buying a DT50 head and I wonder what kind of speakers  should I buy to get the result I'm supposed to have with the built in Line6 Celestion speakers? are those speakers neutral or do they color the sound ??

Any suggestion about speakers having the same specs ??

The DT 412 cab is crossloaded with 2 vintage 30s and 2 Line 6 Celestions that are basically Seventy80s....They are NOT neutral speakers. I have a DT50 combo and I use Jenson Jet Neos...Better match for the amp IMO....also, they weigh 4 lbs each...just keep the load close and within reason and you will be fine...

• 2 weeks later...

It really depends on what you like. I really do not like Vintage 30s at all. The Line 6 ones I have seem especially harsh....Bottom line for me is I would use Seventy80 over a Vintage 30 in any closed back cabinet. However, if the cabinet was open back I would use a Vintage 30 there as the cone is a lot stiffer and the low end doesn't fart out as bad as it does with the Seventy80 in that stiuation....