Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is polyphonic tracking in the works for 2.30??

johnonguitar

Don't have any expectations, lest you be disappointed. No-one here's gonna know, and even if they did.... there's a strict "remain schtum" mindset/policy/protocol. It would appear no-one here's opinion on the mindset/policy/protocol, will change said mindset/policy/protocol.

Just so you know, anyone who knows anything before you do:

1. Has signed an NDA.

And/or

2. If they are a beta tester, they only hear about stuff a short while before you do in most cases. Sometimes hours, rather than days.

I too hope for a POG in there (not really what you're looking for) but am concerned that the amount of horsepower it will require will necessitate me using the POG anyway. So if I were you, and the Digitech Drop really does something you want/need, just get it and put it in a loop.

All I need is someone to say "if I were in your position I'd put my wallet back in my pocket John"

If I were in your position, I'd take my wallet out. I don't think it will happen and even if it were to happen, I'll bet it would be a long while. Bottom line though, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

If I were in your position, I'd take my wallet out. I don't think it will happen and even if it were to happen, I'll bet it would be a long while. Bottom line though, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

I like the cut of your jib young man. You should come guitar shopping with me

I like the cut of your jib young man. You should come guitar shopping with me

I'd have to divorce my wife. Just got the Helix. Gotta wait a year for the next thing. Although I have EVERYTHING I need...right?.......Yeah, I know, but if you need help getting something for yourself...I'm there. More than happy to spend other peoples money. :D

Before I go waste money on a Digitech Drop. Not even asking for a time frame just if it's coming s

Just get the drop.  However, be prepared to not like it.  It absolutely will alter your tone.  It's a trade-off.  It will suck sparkle and presence right out of  your signal. And the further down you go, the worse it gets.  So for 1/2 step or full step down it's bearable, but you'll need to compensate in your patches.  For practice, or playing along to learn songs, it works.  Although it's a bizarre sound at low volumes, because you hear the natural pitch of the string + the signal.  I have to use headphones, and even then I can literally feel the guitar vibrate in my hands at a different pitch than I'm hearing, so it's just weird.   So if it's just one or two songs live, then maybe it's worth not having the spare guitar.   If I was doing a couple sets in drop C, or a bunch of 1/2 step down Van Halen or SRV, etc, I'm bringing the other guitars.  If you can, get one from somewhere that will let you return it if you don't like it.  

CA1BFF6B-88CE-4270-980C-B3E213D3B92A_zps

Just get the drop.  However, be prepared to not like it.  It absolutely will alter your tone.  It's a trade-off.  It will suck sparkle and presence right out of  your signal. And the further down you go, the worse it gets.  So for 1/2 step or full step down it's bearable, but you'll need to compensate in your patches.  For practice, or playing along to learn songs, it works.  Although it's a bizarre sound at low volumes, because you hear the natural pitch of the string + the signal.  I have to use headphones, and even then I can literally feel the guitar vibrate in my hands at a different pitch than I'm hearing, so it's just weird.   So if it's just one or two songs live, then maybe it's worth not having the spare guitar.   If I was doing a couple sets in drop C, or a bunch of 1/2 step down Van Halen or SRV, etc, I'm bringing the other guitars.  If you can, get one from somewhere that will let you return it if you don't like it. 

CA1BFF6B-88CE-4270-980C-B3E213D3B92A_zps

Hey Struckin`... that rig looks just like I`d need in my very small apartment... is the L2T room friendly in order to avoid a lawsuit from the next door neighbours? 

Does it sound good with bass as well?

Looking forward for you answer.

Before I go waste money on a Digitech Drop. Not even asking for a time frame just if it's coming soon

Before I go waste money on a Diezel VH4 or a Herbert (after buying an airplane ticket heading to Bad Stauben, Germany) and paying the shipping fees to Buenos Aires, Argentina... Is it coming in the next firmware?

• Downvote 1

Hey Struckin`... that rig looks just like I`d need in my very small apartment... is the L2T room friendly in order to avoid a lawsuit from the next door neighbours? 

Does it sound good with bass as well?

Looking forward for you answer.

It's no different than any other amp.  If it's in contact with the floor, and makes noise, your neighbors are gonna hear it.  And then you're gonna hear about it. :)   It does get really darn loud, and can be rather boomy in PA Reference mode.  I have to low-cut all my patches at 100hz, and even then the natural floor coupling (that affects pretty much all floor monitors) can over-emphasize bass freqs.   So best case, get it up on a pole,  low cut, and just don't turn up much.   Since we're talking bedroom volumes, it may be more economical to get a set of powered desktop monitors, or a great set of headphones.   

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Try "The Ring Thing" by Electro-Harmonix. Best pitch shift around and it allows you 9 presets. (Link below)

I would like to note that I had a DigiTech Legend II in the late 90's by which I have recorded proof performed polyphonic pitch shift just as well as the DigiTech Whammy or Drop pedal. It was single DISC and used a standard cord and plug...no transformer or anything. I traded "up" for the DigiTech 20120 Artist for "seamless patch changing". Since then, nothing on the market anywhere has been able to accomplish polyphonic pitch shift. Kinda like supposedly landing on the moon, but now with all of the technological advancements, we either can't, or won't achieve the same results. I have a hard time with that, gentlemen. It pisses me off, actually. Completely unacceptable. I should be able to press one button and my tuning AND my tone change instantly. For the money we paid? Are you kidding me? Legend II, boys! If you see one in a pawn shop somewhere, try it. "Pitch Shift/Whammy" - (2nd Below) - Voilà!

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/electro-harmonix-ring-thing-modulator-guitar-effects-pedal